LG 27GP850-B

Associate
I was reading some of the Trustpilot (etc) comments for that company and it seems some people have been hit with import charges.

If I was going to order from any EU company it'd be Amazon, I think.

I received the monitor today, didn't have to pay any import fee's and they even put a EU to UK plug adapter in the box!

Associate
Anyone had any success enabling adaptive-sync and motion blur reduction at the same time? It doesn't let me for some reason, but it should be possible according to the "Hardware Unboxed review" of this monitor.

Soldato
OP
Anyone had any success enabling adaptive-sync and motion blur reduction at the same time? It doesn't let me for some reason, but it should be possible according to the "Hardware Unboxed review" of this monitor.

Those 2 settings are both greyed out for me if i have it set to 180Hz.

If overclock isn't set then only motion blur is greyed out.

Associate
Those 2 settings are both greyed out for me if i have it set to 180Hz.

If overclock isn't set then only motion blur is greyed out.

Thanks for checking, It seems LG have removed the ability to have them both enabled on retails units.

Pic from HW Unboxed review, the review units had the ability to have both enabled.

LG-27GP.jpg

Caporegime
Mailed LG UK to ask when the release was, and the reply I got was basically "We don't know if or when this display is coming to the UK. We are currently trialling it in other regions."

Amazon.de now have a lead time of 1-2 months, although you can still (pre)order.

Starting to wonder if this thing really exists :p

Caporegime
Hmm, that stand is huge. It sticks out so far in front of the monitor I won't be able to get my keyboard right up to the screen as I do currently. Meaning I'd have to push the monitor back and sit further from the screen than I want to.

Reading some comments on Reddit making me reconsider buying this.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Soldato
OP
£30 for this one.

Thingy Club Monitor Desk Mount Bracket stand Arm for 10"-30" LCD LED Screens, Max VESA 100x100mm up to 8kg(17.6lbs) Weight Capacity (Single-No Arm)

Caporegime
Your desk is a lot less deep than mine, and you sit with your monitor a lot further away! That arm looks height and tilt adjustable, but not able to move the screen forwards.

The ones where you can move the screen around in three dimensions are a lot more expensive.

Permabanned
Soldato
Thanks for checking, It seems LG have removed the ability to have them both enabled on retails units.

Pic from HW Unboxed review, the review units had the ability to have both enabled.

LG-27GP.jpg

That is dodgy, inform HUB, and spread the word. If LG refuse to rectify and is important to you, then get your refund.

Soldato
Hmm, that stand is huge. It sticks out so far in front of the monitor I won't be able to get my keyboard right up to the screen as I do currently. Meaning I'd have to push the monitor back and sit further from the screen than I want to.

Reading some comments on Reddit making me reconsider buying this.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Yeah I hate the new pronged stands that everyone seems to have suddenly start using, I didnt use it on my 27GL850 and brought a vesa mounted stand instead.

Associate
I received this 2 days ago. Ordered on Amazon.it for €494.78, but delivered from Germany. No biggy right; HMRC hit me with £64.19 VAT before it could be released for collection and it seems the distributor computeruniverse GmbH(German supplier I'm guessing Amazon.it sourced it through) did not declare any VAT on their invoice accompanying the monitor. Further more, the gross total on the printed invoice was €371.65. So I guess either they owe me £64.19 or €123(approx. £106)

Back
Top Bottom