LG 32GK850F anygood?

Soldato
So I've the LG 32GK850F monitor in my sights as a Christmas present to myself. For the price I've seen and reviews it seems a really good monitor. The HDR doesn't bother me and I know it's a VA panel but that's fine. Is there anything better or something coming soon better? I can pick this up for £449. I was thinking about going ultrawide but it's overly confusing researching them plus they won't cheap. So opinions welcome on this. :)

If I did go ultrawide I think I'd go for LG
34GL750-B 34" 2560X1080 IPS 144HZ 1MS HDR10 FREESYNC/G-SYNC COMPATIBLE CURVED WIDESCREEN LED GAMING Monitor

But it's not 1440p which I prefer.

Last edited:
Associate
It would be perfect if LG updated their firmware and bezel because :
- OSD bug very annoying, pop up after several hours !
- Pixels are no longer visible on the extreme edge

593d224d3e.png

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldn't, bad rep. Only the G version is worth it apparently (had one, was damn good as long as you limited it to 120hz then none of the usual VA smearing)

I heard the Freesync has better colours but has more smearing, I'm after a new monitor also, I have no idea what to go for.

Soldato
I heard the Freesync has better colours but has more smearing, I'm after a new monitor also, I have no idea what to go for.

Monitors are dead. I am convinced sometimes that manufacturers have just given up and the marketing departments are working overtime to convince us the fault ridden junk they're churning out is the latest greatest thing that we need... they must be amazed people are still falling for it.

Associate
I have the 850f and I thoroughly enjoy it. If you are able to maintain framerates above 90-100 then the max overdrive setting keeps ghosting at bay surprisingly well. Dip below this often then you'll be better served with the less aggressive overdrive settings as the overshoot can give purple smearing on high contrast edges. The G-sync variant has a dynamic overdrive that sorts this out automatically.

These LG models are amongst the best for VA response times.

Soldato

I have the G and it has been fine even at 165hz i haven’t seen any smearing or ghosting in the games I play.

I’ve even tested and seen a very small amount in very dark games but nothing that has personally bothered me or been particularly noticeable unless looking for it directly.

I paid £400 for mine and it has been a great display so far.

The only thing I don’t like about it is the strange bezel issue as mentioned by tokuten. But I sit with mine far enough away for it to be a non issue currently.

Last edited:
Associate
I forgot to mention the glitch bug:
- glitch on side of screen (The central line of the monitor go to the left randomly and only gets fixed if you reboot or disconnect the monitor.)

I'm new to the world of gsync (LG 32GK850G) and occasionally (~once a week) experience this issue. Initially assumed it was a Windows 10 bug until I realized that turning the monitor on and off fixes the glitch. Was then worried my new monitor was dying...until I discovered this thread. Now that I know that this happens to everyone with certain AUO panels, I'm no longer concerned. Not great that these panels have this issue, but ultimately not a big deal; doesn't
appear to be something that gets worse over time.

example:

Source: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...cal-glitch-on-side-of-screen-with-gsync-moni/

The weird thing most of reviewers doesn't describe all monitor bugs..
Thanks to forum's users to talk about it.

They never fixed this bug !! You pay the amount of money but never receive the quality with gaming monitor. Manufacturer doesn't care !

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have the G and it has been fine even at 165hz i haven’t seen any smearing or ghosting in the games I play.

I’ve even tested and seen a very small amount in very dark games but nothing that has personally bothered me or been particularly noticeable unless looking for it directly.

I paid £400 for mine and it has been a great display so far.

The only thing I don’t like about it is the strange bezel issue as mentioned by tokuten. But I sit with mine far enough away for it to be a non issue currently.

Currently the LG 32GK850G is £669 where im looking. Am I looking at the wrong monitor? And would the G support Freesynch like the F supports Gsynch.

Soldato
Currently the LG 32GK850G is £669 where im looking. Am I looking at the wrong monitor? And would the G support Freesynch like the F supports Gsynch.

I bought mine open box in like new condition hence the low price.

I don’t think it supports free-sync no. I’m pretty sure the freesync F version supports gsync so depending on what you want may be the one to go for. Not sure on the other specs such as how good the overdrive is in comparison. I know it only goes to 144hz instead of 165hz but that is a very marginal difference smoothness/response wise.

There are a lot of other monitors to consider. HP omen X hdr has been tempting me recently. 27” 240hz 1440p for £579. Pretty sure it’s freesync but compatible with gsync. Depends on what you want I guess.

Soldato
OP
Well I currently have a decent little monitor a..
EG 27" QHD 144hz 1ms Gaming Monitor spec is...
  • 2560 x 1440 QHD
  • HDMI, Displayport & DVI
  • 144hz / 1ms Response Time
  • Panel Type: TN
  • AMD FreeSync
But I have a high end AMD card a PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT and whilst the above monitor is good im looking for better. The LG GK650F is tempting me cos reviews are good and its much cheaper than the GK850F. Looks the same to me only the 850F does Freesynch 2. And im not even sure it matters all that much. So its a toss up.

Associate
I'm after a new monitor to, I've been stuck with a BenQ XL2420T now for years, 2011 I think, I also have no idea what to go for I have tried out multiple IPS monitors and they all had glow which I hate with a passion, Which in turn led me to the VA monitors also by LG but they have there own issues #stuckinloop

Back
Top Bottom