LG 34wk95u 5120x2160

Permabanned
Same here, I don't get why reviewers keep getting the resolution wrong, 5120x2160 is UW4k not 5k, I was just on a channel where one so called tech enthusiast was calling a 3440x1440 monitor he was reviewing a 4k model and when I gave him a link for the correct naming scheme for all the resolutions I got a yeah but, no but, yeah but answer where he still thinks he's right & I'm wrong, I've also linked him to LG's site where they use the correct naming now so maybe he'll take note and correct the title of the review.

Associate
Good man, thanks for the info @Daniel - LG

Got another question, as you've been using the sample. Do you think I will notice much difference from coming from the 34UC97, which only has a gentle curve?

should be too much difference going from the slight curve of 34uc97 to a flat 34wk95u - albeit the image quality will be better if you can run the 5k :)

Associate
Ready to get one of these the moment they arrive!

@Daniel - LG If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions:

-Will this work with a PC thunderbolt 3 (I'm thinking a Z270 and a 1080ti) ?

- Does it have other input sources (HDMI etc) and what is the maximum resolution of these?

Soldato
Same here, I don't get why reviewers keep getting the resolution wrong, 5120x2160 is UW4k not 5k, I was just on a channel where one so called tech enthusiast was calling a 3440x1440 monitor he was reviewing a 4k model and when I gave him a link for the correct naming scheme for all the resolutions I got a yeah but, no but, yeah but answer where he still thinks he's right & I'm wrong, I've also linked him to LG's site where they use the correct naming now so maybe he'll take note and correct the title of the review.
What do you expect when people call 2560x1440 "2K"?

Permabanned
Now up for $1499 on LG's US site. https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34WK95U-W-ultrawide-monitor

So likely about the same here, maybe a little less.

Or even a little more which is how things have been going over the last year or two. :(

What do you expect when people call 2560x1440 "2K"?

Sadly not a lot. It starts with companies that pitch products using whatever buzzwords are trending regardless of whether it's accurate or not, Then we get the reviewers who take such info at face value instead of doing their own research to learn all the details & facts.
At least it helps us tell the difference between a tech head reviewer & someone that just wants to run his own Youtube channel. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom