LG 42-inch OLED

Suspended
Anyone of you guys planning to switch to the upcoming 32 4K - 240hz monitors?
They seems like a blessing. I feel hyped as hell, as it is what I been dreaming on for years!

I have a CX55 that I just love, and since getting in in 2021 - of Course - all my gaming goes there. Once OLED, as we all knows right :D

Been waiting for monitors to catch up and as said, now they finaly have. But the more I think about them - 32 inches. I had a 32 inch VA, that was popular back before going the PG279Q, and sure it feels pretty big, but not that super impressive one can think vs a 27 inch!

So I just wonder; will it feel cramped as im not into e-sport or shooters in general. Im more a singleplayer guy that loves a great story driven game, and some racing etc. If I ask you, you guys would probaly feel the downgrade to the Extreme right?

So I am thinking - why go 32 when I can just get a nice 42 Tv. Surely are hell of a lot more immersive, and 120 hz is more then plenty annyway. Oh and the upcoming C4, should do 144 hz, I belive. So I guess you wont jump on these high hz - small 32 - by your standard right?

Soldato
I posted in The PS5 thread before finding this one, but pretty much have a 55" CX and thinking of grabbing a 42" C3 to replace it since size would fit better but worried about the lower brightness in HDR but especially SDR, how do you guys find it during day? I know on a night it'll be fine for most part still

Associate
They seems like a blessing. I feel hyped as hell, as it is what I been dreaming on for years!

I have a CX55 that I just love, and since getting in in 2021 - of Course - all my gaming goes there. Once OLED, as we all knows right :D

Been waiting for monitors to catch up and as said, now they finaly have. But the more I think about them - 32 inches. I had a 32 inch VA, that was popular back before going the PG279Q, and sure it feels pretty big, but not that super impressive one can think vs a 27 inch!

So I just wonder; will it feel cramped as im not into e-sport or shooters in general. Im more a singleplayer guy that loves a great story driven game, and some racing etc. If I ask you, you guys would probaly feel the downgrade to the Extreme right?

So I am thinking - why go 32 when I can just get a nice 42 Tv. Surely are hell of a lot more immersive, and 120 hz is more then plenty annyway. Oh and the upcoming C4, should do 144 hz, I belive. So I guess you wont jump on these high hz - small 32 - by your standard right?
Brains adapt to size, either smaller or larger.
I got a 48i oled and wont change it anytime soon.
Oled has a better image and alongside a smoother gameplay.
240hz isnt needed.

Associate

Been in the fortunate position to have experimented with a C2 42" and the QD-OLED ultra wide from Alienware. C2 is great for gaming but could not get on with it for desktop use so we moved the TV and it's being used elsewhere. The Alienware ultrawide has been fantastic but really I want a 1-stop shop for console and PC gaming, I didn't feel the UW got the most out of console gaming. So I've now taken the plunge and ordered the 32" 4k monitor and plan to part with the UW.

That said, if you're happy with using the C2 as a monitor then there's probably no real reason to change. That was my only gripe with it, too difficult to use due to size.

Soldato
I'm reasonably sure that since an update my TV behaves differently. When I switch it on I have to manually select the source from home screen but before I'm sure it just used to switch to my PC as that is the only connected device.

Soldato
I'm reasonably sure that since an update my TV behaves differently. When I switch it on I have to manually select the source from home screen but before I'm sure it just used to switch to my PC as that is the only connected device.

This any help? (turn this setting off)

Suspended
Brains adapt to size, either smaller or larger.
I got a 48i oled and wont change it anytime soon.
Oled has a better image and alongside a smoother gameplay.
240hz isnt needed.

Yeah thats true, but I absolutely will go bigger. As said I allready had a 32 way back. So I guess a 42 will pretty much be the real deal :D

Totaly agree, since I got the CX55 Tv, I couldent play any game on my PG 27. OLED is an absolute must since then!
Yep 240 wont doo me much in the end, as I never had HW to drive many games, even past 100hz. So C4 42 cant come soon enough. Just hope we can disable that TCL as I did on my CX. It aint possible on the C3 I have read!

Thanks for shiming in buddy!
Been in the fortunate position to have experimented with a C2 42" and the QD-OLED ultra wide from Alienware. C2 is great for gaming but could not get on with it for desktop use so we moved the TV and it's being used elsewhere. The Alienware ultrawide has been fantastic but really I want a 1-stop shop for console and PC gaming, I didn't feel the UW got the most out of console gaming. So I've now taken the plunge and ordered the 32" 4k monitor and plan to part with the UW.

That said, if you're happy with using the C2 as a monitor then there's probably no real reason to change. That was my only gripe with it, too difficult to use due to size.

Yeah I guess it wont be so smooth using it for work etc, and I wouldent take the chance since it's an OLED Tv. Will definetly keep my trusty PG279Q, for work and such - love it for that. Perfect text etc on the IPS monitor!
The C4, will be strictly for gaming on my desktop, besides the PG :)

Thanks buddy, for your input!

Back
Top Bottom