LG 42-inch OLED

Associate
Ooh, lucky you @Radox-0 !

Do let us know how you find it, I'd particularly be interested in how text looks and your thoughts on using this for work. Currently have an AW3821DW that replaced a dual monitor setup. Despite being a super monitor, I'm still feeling the need for a higher res, even just a little, for more more real estate to work with. Hesitant going back to dual as it's a bit messy. Considering also the LG 40WP95C (5k2k) but 72mhz and HDMI 2.0 is a bit meh.

Still not showing as available here in Swiss

Soldato
42" is shipping if you got order in towards start, likely now a backlog. Mine is due in an hour :D

Yes it will have ABL and no you cannot turn it off (unless something significant has changed which I doubt). I will hopefully be able to comment later on text as planning to also using mine for work and play. As for burn in being an issue. There are mitigations in place and newer panels have become more resistant, but no absolutes and may be a chance of you have same static content up 12 hours a day 365 days a year etc. Is prudent to have screen turn off if not in use after short while, black background, hide taskbars etc.

be very interested to know your thoughts on text clarity, I have the 48C1 on order, but the text clarity is causing me a little doubt...

Associate
OP
I've used a few certified 8k one's in the past (for my 65"OLDB9 in the living room), had no issues with my XBOX-X so I'd just go for some cheap ones (~£10 for 3 metres), can't post a link as Overclockers sell HDMI cables...
I'm from the Netherlands so can't order any from the UK. All I need are model names.
Aren't cheap HDMI 2.1 cables crappy? Giving issues like flickering or bad pictures? What about Hama?

Soldato
I'm from the Netherlands so can't order any from the UK. All I need are model names.
Aren't cheap HDMI 2.1 cables crappy? Giving issues like flickering or bad pictures? What about Hama?

I've used "UGREEN" without any issues, XBOX-X shows Dolby Vision 120Hz etc, no flickering in the months I've used them...

Associate
Just got an email that my JL order from early Feb is “Delayed”.. :(

Hoping it’s just a small initial stock delay and I haven’t been chucked down the backorder line.

Anyone else order with JL and heard anything?

Last edited:
Soldato
But 42" sharper and higher ppi...!!! We have waited like +8 months for the 42" to arrive so a week or two is nothing.

Just had a look at my PC on a 65"OLEDB9, and to be honest I'm happy with the text clarity on that (from a useable distance), so I think (for me) 48" will be fine...Given the 48C1 was under a 1k with the John Lewis protection plus (5years), I can't think of a compelling reason to get the 42C2 at £1300 without protection plus, another £140 with it, I know it's a year newer, but other than a preferable size, is there any killer differences I'm missing?

Associate
OP
Just had a look at my PC on a 65"OLEDB9, and to be honest I'm happy with the text clarity on that (from a useable distance), so I think (for me) 48" will be fine...Given the 48C1 was under a 1k with the John Lewis protection plus (5years), I can't think of a compelling reason to get the 42C2 at £1300 without protection plus, another £140 with it, I know it's a year newer, but other than a preferable size, is there any killer differences I'm missing?
Probably not regarding any killer differences. I would have gone for the 48C1 too as 48" is really the max but it would be a bit inconvencience after some time.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Just got an email that my JL order from early Feb is “Delayed”.. :(

Hoping it’s just a small initial stock delay and I haven’t been chucked down the backorder line.

Anyone else order with JL and heard anything?

Not ordered from Mr Lewis but given they had it first on pre-order up they probably will take a while to fulfil early back orders, the other retailers are lucky in that regard since everyone else went to Mr Lewis and not them.

I see MR richer has stock listed on the 42C2, shame they removed the £100 promo though

R3X

R3X

Soldato

Don't think you will see any major difference, some people have suggested the 42C2 might be even more sharper and detailed due to all those pixels packed into that 42" screen over say 48 or bigger. But id say you would have to be up few inches away to to notice that.

I found text to be more then sharp and details excellent 1.3-1.5m away with an 90cm depth desk with an CX48, full range, RGB 4K.

Back
Top Bottom