LG 42-inch OLED

Man of Honour
Toss us a couple of hints love: did you get a WBE or WBC panel? How was your grey/white uniformity?
WBC panel, not that it makes any practical difference anyway - other than dodging the pink tint that the WBE panels have :)

grey abs white uniformity largely very good, except for a 3 inch ish strip down the right hand side which was a bit more bluish, measured about 400k cooler than the rest of the screen. I plan to monitor that over time as the OLED panel beds in a bit and there’s more hours of usage. You can see it if you are using all white backgrounds, but in any normal use it’s not visible really

Associate
WBC panel, not that it makes any practical difference anyway - other than dodging the pink tint that the WBE panels have :)

grey abs white uniformity largely very good, except for a 3 inch ish strip down the right hand side which was a bit more bluish, measured about 400k cooler than the rest of the screen. I plan to monitor that over time as the OLED panel beds in a bit and there’s more hours of usage. You can see it if you are using all white backgrounds, but in any normal use it’s not visible really

Are you planning to use it as a daily driver then? Will be interesting to see how / if it changes.

Soldato
Looking to order from curryland. What's the chances of a WBC or WBE panel?

I'll be ordering this week

No one really knows. Seems to me pretty much most 42" are WBC however from few people who have actually got equipment to measure. AFAIK WBE will become more prominent towards year end when LG Display move over to that for all there factories. Not that I would complain, as per Badass's comments and others like HDTV test, does not make a difference to actual performance as they will cap performance to similar levels regardless of panels and if anything have no pink tint.

Associate
Ok I guess I'll make the order tonight and report back as soon as I get it.

Current setup looks like this

7xOimMb.jpeg
I had that philips monitor but it broke, went to a dreadful samsung g7 with multiple issues, and got it refunded. I have just ordered the LG c2. Looking forward to getting it setup

Soldato
I had that philips monitor but it broke, went to a dreadful samsung g7 with multiple issues, and got it refunded. I have just ordered the LG c2. Looking forward to getting it setup
The LEDs through the middle of the screen died on mine but I bought replacements for all LEDs from AliExpress for less than 15 quid including delivery. Installed them which was pretty easy and it now looks better than ever! It's almost a shame to get rid of it, but I know the LG will be so much better

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
TFTCentral review now live for those interested :)

Nice review. Any plans on doing one of the Alienware QD-OLED? Would be nice to see your thoughts in regards to how it compares to this and which you prefer :)

Man of Honour
Yeah, they are even having trouble getting next day replacements out to people who have issues. Some even have to wait months for it as all sold out.
Yeah I’ve had plenty of people say they’ve been waiting months. It’s really not a great situation

R3X

R3X

Soldato
TFTCentral review now live for those interested :)

Great job, best review available that I have seen so far.

Got terrible spelling but is that a typo? : But is does mean that the highlights look a bit brighter and more defined. Because of the overly cool setup, the greyscale was very inaccurate compared with our 6500k target.

Back
Top Bottom