LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
OP
Just Connect the TV directly from the video card, don’t put the receiver in-between. Always a bad idea for that and gaming...

Use alternative means to get the sound from the PC to the receiver.

Associate
OP
'This means it can output maximum 4:2:2:2 at 10-bit', eh :confused:

10bit panel 4:4:4@10bit 4K 120Hz = 40Gbps, so it is fine. 48Gbps is only needed for 12bit colour which the panels dont support.

Correct; setting 12 bit color on virtually all displays, just like the 48CX, is meaningless. I love all the outrage from clueless people. There are NO 12-bit panels in the consumer market, nor 12-bit source end-to-end workflows.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ouch, looks like LG messed up the 120 Hz BFI.

And the 4K/120 input lag is higher, and the VRR input lag quite a bit higher yet...

Looks like I will be sticking with my 38LG for the foreseeable future.

Associate
OP
Sorry, I just had to create an account to post this, but your screen is mounted way way too high. Speaker tweeters should be level with your ears, eyes are almost the same height as your ears so the screen position looks way off. Could cause you neck strain in the long run.

I agree, screen is way too high. For proper ergonomics, the top of the display should be at or slightly above eye level. Viewing the center of the image should produce a slight "downward" gaze of the eyes, which is their neutral position.

One of the reasons why I always cringe at people that mount their TV's way up high above a fire place.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Anyone with a CX, is the colors washed out it in PC Input / Game Picture mode like on the C9? It's easy to tell; just switch between all of the picture modes on an colorful image and see if the other picture modes look much more color vibrant.

Associate
OP
What firmware for 120 Hz is being talked about? As sits, the 48CX can do 4K@120Hz with 4:2:0 chroma with a HDMI 2.0b current GPU and 4K@120Hz with 4:4:4 with next generation GPUs.

Associate
OP
So how is this monitor for general purpose use; example:

Sitting 3 feet away from the monitor (eyes to screen),
Chrome use, stock charts, watching various movies and youtube, word pad and word, perhaps 10% of usage is for games although I really havn't played much recently its more for those other things in that order.

I currently run the monitor in my sig (and its great - size, colors are good and everything is good (but there is always better right ;)

Considering your low game use and assuming movie use is also low, I wouldn't recommend an OLED. And I'm an OLED guy. LCD is more suited for web use, stock charts, general productivity etc.

Back
Top Bottom