LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
Just ordered a 55CX and a Sonos Arc from Richersounds :cool:

Currently got a 5 year old 43" LCD, should be a little improvement :D
You'll be glad you did. Richer Sounds customer service is superb. Had the CX 55 3 weeks. Brilliant. The free LG earbuds with the tv were utter crap. I complained. They gave me £100 voucher to purchase my own from them. Brilliant

Soldato
When I got mine with the tv, I just sold them for £100 but assumed they’d be pretty rubbish if they can give them away free
I've never heard so gutless sound quality coming from a pair of earbuds. A £15 set from Amazon has superior sound. The LG wireless buds had ZERO bass response. Utterly useless imo. In a draw now gathering dust. Giving them away free to anyone would be an insult imo unless my set was faulty in some kind of " Minimal bass-less" fashion. I aquired some superior ones from RS with my £100 voucher and added a bit so I could get something decent. RS customer service is top draw.

Soldato
I aquired some superior ones from RS with my £100 voucher and added a bit so I could get something decent. RS customer service is top draw.

Fair play for complaining, I reckon. "Free items" are offered as an inducement to buy a product and if they're rubbish, then the customer has been lured to make a purchase by something that isn't worth having. See Huawei as an example - buy one of their top-of-the-range matepads or whatever it's called and they give you about a dozen "free" items, all of them pap.

Soldato
My BX is looking brighter in Dolby Vision and HDR even though it's in a brighter lit room.

I've noticed it brighter when watching Sweet Tooth on Netflix and using my Series X, Outriders seems quite bright.

Soldato
Being lucky enough to own 2 large screen oled tvs. I will say my 2018 Panasonic has a more vivid picture as regards to colours. Even when I boost the CX to high levels its not as vivid as my Panasonic oled.
I will say I have in the past had any display overly colourful and am realising that too much saturated colours affects the PQ in adverse way. I will continue to tinker.

Associate
LG OLED TV's are built for gamers in mind, Where Sony has consistently offered slightly better picture quality than LG on its OLED TVs:) And Panasonic TX-55HZ980, 2020 model it's all to do with the Processor. Sony XBR-48A9S only have HDMI 2.0 compare to 48CX HDMI 2.1

Last edited:
Associate
My BX is looking brighter in Dolby Vision and HDR even though it's in a brighter lit room. I've noticed it brighter when watching Sweet Tooth on Netflix and using my Series X, Outriders seems quite bright.

The BX brightness is only 500. The CX is 700 nits in DV/HDR:) In SDR BX -285 nits CX -321 nits

I have the 65cx oled. I am getting a distinctive colour shift especially watching football. Center of picture is greener than outsides of it. Anyone else had this?

have you done a pixel refresher!

Last edited:
Associate
The BX brightness is only 500. The CX is 700 nits in DV/HDR:) In SDR BX -285 nits CX -321 nits

have you done a pixel refresher!
Yes and on lg's advice 6 times in a row as apparently that has best chance of clearing imperfections. Made some difference but can still notice colour change.

Soldato
Bought Tony Hawks 1+2 the other night since it’s only £15 at the moment with the Epic coupon.

With a GTX1660 it’s about the best I can do but wow, with HDR enabled and hue sync going it’s a thing to behold - stunning.

While silly expensive I’d throughly recommend the Philips hue Gradient to fit whichever tv size you have, providing your main input is a PC (as don’t have to buy the HDMI sync box). I have my 55CX on the stand, went for the 55” gradient strip and two play bars for the bottom corners. Looks incredible :)

Associate
I have my 55CX on the stand, went for the 55” gradient strip and two play bars for the bottom corners. Looks incredible :)

If it looks incredible:D show us the image:)

Yes and on lg's advice 6 times in a row as apparently that has best chance of clearing imperfections. Made some difference but can still notice colour change.

I only made a suggestion, give the company a call where you buy it from they might replace the panel:)

I know the BX is dimmer but it's looking brighter than it was before.
Maybe you clean the screen:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom