LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
Can anyone check their CX and tell me if the EPG is showing images for future shows? e.g. if you press ok on a show starting later, does it have a picture on the info page?

Soldato
I've got a 55" CX coming tomorrow, can't believe I've paid this for a TV. I've not owned a TV in the 6 years since I moved out of my parents, and before that they had an ancient plasma TV in the living room, so it's going to be interesting to see how this looks in the flesh. So much research done, and whilst I am slightly concerned about burn-in I don't think I do anything which has majorly static displays. Anyone put this up on their own, as I live on my billy and don't want to wait haha.

Soldato
I've got a 55" CX coming tomorrow, can't believe I've paid this for a TV. I've not owned a TV in the 6 years since I moved out of my parents, and before that they had an ancient plasma TV in the living room, so it's going to be interesting to see how this looks in the flesh. So much research done, and whilst I am slightly concerned about burn-in I don't think I do anything which has majorly static displays. Anyone put this up on their own, as I live on my billy and don't want to wait haha.

I wall mounted mine on my own if you are planning to do that, otherwise if using the stand shouldn't be too bad. Just take care where ever you put it down and make sure no objects are around. As a screen cover is on it anyway, just take that off when you are happy you have it in the right place etc.

I'd suggest running the usual YouTube things as well, pure black screen to make sure no stuck/dead pixels. Pure white screen make sure it looks pure white and no washed out yellow anywhere. Then finally run a banding test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP4vEGREGD4

Anything you are not happy with just return it, as it took me 3 panels to get mine right. First one developed black lines going across the screen, second one had awful banding out of the box, third one has been perfect and hopefully stays that way haha!

Soldato
Mines arrived and whilst it looks phenomenal to me, because it's my first experience with a modern TV post anything 720p I'm sure there's going to be tweaks I need to make.

Associate
Bought a cx for the bedroom today and have a c9 down stairs calibrated! What would people do swap or put the new cx in the bedroom like I was going too ?
Thanks

Soldato
So, I was talking rubbish on a thread about how the 3070, 3080 are only relavant cards in sensible people's minds to 4k-gamers. I still standby it. Anyway, I thought to myself, why do I bother gaming at 4k on my 77'' OLED CX for very difficult to run games.. when I've never played with the 1440p 120hz mode.

Did it today and for an marginal decrease in graphical fidelity (which can be somewhat minimised with some sharpening filter), the BUTTTTTTTERRRRRRY smooth 120hz is amazing. This feels so much smoother than my CRG9 or AW3418DW.

It took me long enough to realise as I use my PC as a HTPC so I was always wary about losing DTS X playback but I've managed to make it work thankfully via using display port to HDMI for the audio. I don't think I'm going back :D

Associate
JL has a policy you can add that includes it, for a price anyway.

Awesome! JL it is then, when they have them in-stock.

I recently purchased a "Invision Ultra Strong TV Wall Bracket Mount Double Arm Tilt & Swivel for 37-70 Inch",
I won't be buying my TV LG CX65 until November does anyone know how much I need to offset the bracket so It's center ?

Back
Top Bottom