LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Associate
Anyone else get the new advert notifications crap? before I throw my tv out the window, how do you stop them? google can't answer it,

Good job LG, I will never buy your products again.

Soldato
Any suggestions for best settings for Netflix Dolby Vision? It looks too dark for my taste

Have a play with the settings. On the DV bright preset push up the oled brightness and all associated setting, can't remember the names of hand, I think it's peak brightness settings.

I usually have 4 modes set depending on the room brightness and content brightness.

Soldato
Google assistant - I have Google home displays in our house and was hoping I could turn the tv on/off etc using voice commands given my harmony remote has died and Logitech seem to be stopping making them.

I’ve got assistant setup on the tv and added LG to my Google home app but it can’t seem to do anything like turn it on/off - am I missing something or is that just the way it works?

Soldato
Google assistant - I have Google home displays in our house and was hoping I could turn the tv on/off etc using voice commands given my harmony remote has died and Logitech seem to be stopping making them.

I’ve got assistant setup on the tv and added LG to my Google home app but it can’t seem to do anything like turn it on/off - am I missing something or is that just the way it works?
Just did a bit of reading - it seems LG disabled power on from sleep. I can't do it from the LG ThinQ app either.

Apparently you can set up wake on LAN if you use Home Assistant or similar but don't know if that helps...

Soldato
Interesting. Weird limitation given I’d imagine 90% of user cases are turn on / off whilst you find the remote in a room.

More presssingly the d-pad on the magic remote has stopped working today. Every other button seems fine and I’ve tried a battery change.

Soldato
Interesting. Weird limitation given I’d imagine 90% of user cases are turn on / off whilst you find the remote in a room.

More presssingly the d-pad on the magic remote has stopped working today. Every other button seems fine and I’ve tried a battery change.
Have you tried unpairing and re-pairing the remote? Hold back+home keys until the remote blinks, then point at TV and press OK.

Soldato
Yeah. I tried it earlier and no joy. Only seems to be the d pad and the middle button. I can use the cursor to hover over settings menu items but can’t then actually select it or use the d-pad to navigate up and down the list. I’ll try again and a reboot the tv after the kids have gone to bed.

Associate
Powering off the tv seems to have fixed it. Now back to trying to conquer Google assistant and home integration.

Have to be honest, Unless I am a firmware behind, I am having no issues with google assistant. Asking google to change the volume or turn the TV off all seems to work fine.
I normally just say Goodnight google and all the smart stuff in the living room turns off. But I checked doing it individually, and all is well.
Very rarely use the app, but tried that also and all is good.

I do remember paring the TV and phone was clumsy, As you end up with a "LGWebOS TV", and just a "TV" on google home.

If you mean setting the TV up to perform actions, that's something I have not done. With 4 hubs and 3 phones, she's always listening anyway.
:D

Soldato
Im pretty sure my LG CX is the problem here.

I have a Sonos Beam and Ones as rears. Apparently Sonos now supports DTS (finally)

My set up goes like this. BEAM to LGCX via ARC, PS5 to TV.

games etc work perfectly well in 5.1.

I wanted to try some 4k Blurays now that DTS is supported by Sonos. Spiderman 2 worked fine, displayed as 5.1 in the app etc and sounded great to me. As expected

I then tried The Shining 4K and am only getting 2.0 stereo.

Now, I know that the LGCX doesn't support DTS passthrough what so ever so I'm thinking here lies the problem? But why would Spiderman output some sort of 5.1 and The Shining only put out 2.0?

I'm guessing it's down to what the disc supports and what the PlayStation is able to convert to before reaching the TV but I don't really know.

I'm thinking the lack of DTS passthrough is the key though?

Soldato
Some disks will have Dolby Digital and DTS on them and it will use whichever is available.

Yes the CX cannot play DTS at all.

Believe the PlayStation should be able to convert it to LPCM though.

Are all these settings set on the TV:

Sound out: HDMI ARC

Additional settings:

DTV Audio Setting: Auto

HDMI input audio format: Bitstream

Digital sound out: pass through

eARC: Enabled

Back
Top Bottom