LG Flatron W2600HP 26

Soldato
Just saw this earlier on the site:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-076-LG&groupid=17&catid=1120&subcat=

Any idea how good this is? It seems very cheap for what it is!

Screen Size: 26" S-IPS Widescreen
- Resolution: 1920x1200
- Contrast Ratio: 5000:1
- Brightness: 400cd/m²
- Response Time: 5ms
- Viewing Angles (H/V): 178°/178°
- Colours: 16.7 Million
- Inputs: 1x Analogue & 1x DVI-D
- Dimensions: 602.0mm x 463.0mm x 270.0mm
- Weight: 9.7kg
- Warranty: 3 Years On-Site

Last edited:
Soldato
It can't match S-PVAs in black point but IPS is only panel free from obvious viewing angle problems. (VA has horizontal gamma shift which compresses darkest shades to black from straight angle)
As modern good panel with RTC it's way faster than common "5ms" TNs lacking RTC whose real average response time is more in line with 15ms and not far from fastest RTC equipped TNs whose average response time is slightly under 4ms.
Also input lag is very low, probably in line with this Hazro using same LCD panel... but unlike Hazro it doesn't have back light set permanently to "eyeballs smoking in their sockets" level.
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/hazro_hz26wi.htm

I ended to it from failing Samsung 959NF CRT after first using Lenovo L220x S-PVA for four months.
For photoshopping HP LP2475W is probably better but for general all around use with gaming it pretty much combines the speed of TN to image quality of real panels.

Soldato
16ms input lagg very nice.
0ms min-16ms max so actual lag is somewhere in between this variation of measuring method. (lag can't vary between frames or it would result tearing or dropping of frames with drawing others twice)
"Unscientific" Human Benchmark result comparison I did after getting monitor hinted to around 10ms lag, for Lenovo I got ~30ms which is in line with actual results.
Also panel is probably same or very similar to that Hazro because despite of what marketing says pixel pattern is H-IPS and gamut is same as in Hazro so lag being same 7.5ms would be quite natural.

Connections are sparse... but what I checked DVI-switches are cheap so it would be possible to use it with more than one sources.
http://www.belkin.com/aeona/?cid=6&pid=357928
(HDMI is electrically compatible with DVI and works with adapter)

Soldato
I've just ordered one of these myself. OC says an ETA of 20/8/09, does anyone have any experiance of how accurate these estimated delivery to their warehouse dates are?

Saw a good review here but I think I might still get the HP LP2475W.

Theres another modest review here. They seem to like it.

If you can choose between and 24" and a 26" I'd definately go for the LP2475W. It gets a 5-star rating from almost review I've seen. I'm in the market for a 26" however so that means the Dell 2709W or the NEC 2690WUXi2. The Dell has a bad input lag and the NEC although better in this regard and a true "professional" monitor, is just too pricey for me.

But at £299 for the W2600HP is a steal, assuming OC havn't gotten their details mixed up as theres apparently two models the 2600H-PF which is a TN panel and the 2600HP-BF which is IPS. Also some people have reported problems with dead pixels and an annoying hum from the power switcher(?)

So we'll see what happens.

Soldato
Looking around the web at pricing the TN model typically sells for ~£300 and the S-IPS model goes for £500+

Please can someone from Overclockers clarify if MO-076-LG really is the S-IPS model.

Soldato
Please can someone from Overclockers clarify if MO-076-LG really is the S-IPS model.
Few people from Finland have ordered it and one asked and got confirmation that it's IPS model...
TN model is W2600H(-PF) vs. W2600HP(-BF).

And price has varied rather much, at some point it was nearly down 450€ here in Finland so maybe there was some bigger batch of them cheaply.

Associate
Esat, I've searched these forums for W2600HP, almost every post with it in, its you that posted it :D. I take it you have one?

I take it you like it?:)

Associate
Thanks for the heads up people, I was going to purchase one of these until I read this thread. Some online retailers are selling the LG W2600H-PF here (Australia) and from the specs they are advertising it's an IPS panel but the model no. is LG W2600H-PF which from what I've read here is a TN panel.

Associate
First time poster long time watcher. I'm very interested in this panel as well and looking to pull the trigger, but need the clarification that this is the IPS panel. I'm currently using a cheap 26" LCD that can only do 1360x768, very good if you have bad eyesight :p

Associate
First time poster long time watcher. I'm very interested in this panel as well and looking to pull the trigger, but need the clarification that this is the IPS panel. I'm currently using a cheap 26" LCD that can only do 1360x768, very good if you have bad eyesight :p
Well, it's described very clearly and specifically as being an S-IPS panel, and I'm sure OcUK are under no illusions about the flak they'd come in for if it was actually the TN version.

If this were the case (I'm sure it isn't), you could always return it under the SoGA as not being "as described."

Associate
I'd like to echo the previous posters and ask for clarification that this is the S-IPS model. I have a 22" LG TN-panel at the moment and definitely feel the need for the higher resolution and better viewing angles but don't want to sacrifice the input lag (the talk of the Dell Ultrasharp 2709W's lag concerns me). If the details are accurate then it looks like I've found the monitor I was looking for, as at £300 it's an absolute steal.

Associate
i'm ordering tomorrow. Ocuk site says s.ips, there guys aren't daft. If someone somewhere has dropped the ball on this then ocuk will have to accept cancellations / returns.

Ocuk have yet to let me down.

Associate
Usually I'd agree with you but even with some serious purchasing power I don't see how they could (or would) sell them for £250 less than anywhere else, and the price happens to be in line with the TN-panel version. The model numbers are quite similar, as the TN-panel version is the W2600H-PF versus the S-IPS W2600HP-BF.

If the details turn out to be correct then I'll almost certainly grab one.

Back
Top Bottom