LG now has 5 year warranty (Burn in is covered!)

Soldato
Big news from LG today

Starting with the LG G1 and Z1, LG OLED that use the EVO panel now come with a 5 year warranty and this warranty even covers burn in - if you experience issues within 5 years the panel will be repaired or replaced by LG for free.

for now, the LG C1, A1, B1 are no covered because they do not use the new EVO panel but they might do in time to come so for now this 5 year burn in warranty is only for the G1 and Z1.

The warranty is not just for burn in though, it covers other panel defects too.

Last edited:
I noticed burn in on my LG OLED55B7V just after the standard 12m warranty expired, neither LG or John Lewis would do anything - all LG offered was to replace the screen for £999 (about 2/3 of the cost of the TV!!!) and tried asking John Lewis to do a part exchange on a replacement set (allowing for the use I'd had out of it) but they wouldn't offer anything.

I ended up trading it in for £1k off a 65" Samsung QLED (with 10 year burn in guarantee) in a promotion they were running a while ago for anyone with TVs suffering from burn in.

Really put me off buying anything LG in the future.

Yah just bad luck on being an early adopter of new tech, kinks have been worked out now

Back
Top Bottom