LG OLED 2022 Thread - A2, B2, C2, G2

Caporegime
The new 2022 OLED range is about to hit the UK

* As small as 42 inches, as large as 97 inches!

* Uses the Alpha 9 Gen 5 chipset.

* C2 and G2 uses LG OLED Evo technology for a 20% boost in brightness

* The G2 is 20% lighter than last years G1 while the C2 weighs a massive 47% less than the C1

* LG has upped the HDMI 2.1 ports of its 2022 OLEDs to 48Gbps again

HDTV Test C2 Unboxing

AV Forums G2 review

Anyone jumping in this year?

Caporegime
OP
Most likely, going to put the C9 in the bedroom and get something larger for the living room.

Exactly the same plans here. Wife has been wanting a TV in the bedroom for awhile so I'm going to wall mount my 65" C9 in there and get a 77" G2 for our 'snug' - Which is basically my home office and gaming room.

If it's not some massive scam (and I've researched heavily) then I should have a 77" G2 coming for far cheaper than RRP.

Soldato
Got the 42" C2 already for a few weeks. Loving it. for desktop use.

Exactly the same plans here. Wife has been wanting a TV in the bedroom for awhile so I'm going to wall mount my 65" C9 in there and get a 77" G2 for our 'snug' - Which is basically my home office and gaming room.

If it's not some massive scam (and I've researched heavily) then I should have a 77" G2 coming for far cheaper than RRP.

Yep same thing with the 77" G2 aswell :p Paid the money see how it goes. Will be to also replace a 65" C9 which I will be sending to my parents house as they have a massive house and tiny TV. Always pains me to see that so will give it to them. To be honest wanted and was going to buy in regardless, though after a few months when it drops in price, for the size but also as it seems an actual decent step in brightness, vs previous gens. C9 in that regards is still a stonkingly good TV.

The weight this gen is really impressive cut down very well. My 42" felt pretty light. Can see the 77" should weigh less then my C9 65" which should be good when it comes to wall mounting it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it true the 42 inch one was found to be cheating with two different pannels used because they didnt have enough of the new type right now.

Soldato
Is it true the 42 inch one was found to be cheating with two different pannels used because they didnt have enough of the new type right now.

Its been explained the Evo nomenclature does not refer to a specific panel so no its not cheating. It refers to the processor and bunch of algorithms that LG uses and HDTV test covered it in a recent video. Unfortunately community took EVO to mean a specific panel type hence some being outraged and to be fair LG never clarified one way or another which is why I suppose assumptions were made. Not that it will matter whatever panel you get as they will behave the same in terms of picture quality (aside newer one having some pink tint) capped by electronics / software.

Caporegime
OP
In case anybody was wondering about the optional stand for the G2 (it only comes with the wall mount), and where to get it, I spoke to Matthew on LG Electronics live chat and this is what he said:

With the G2 optional stand, once you have the product, it is something that can be ordered through ourselves for free under the warranty.

We would need the serial number, model and product code. All on the back of the TV

Soldato
In case anybody was wondering about the optional stand for the G2 (it only comes with the wall mount), and where to get it, I spoke to Matthew on LG Electronics live chat and this is what he said:

Will be mounting (if it turns up!) but nice to hear you can order via LG using serial number, know many others were confused as to where to get it / buy it from on other forums.

As an FYI, we will get the 5 year warranty via LG too when I spoke to them. One of the perks being G series as LG do 5 years when registering serial number on that model (and Z series). C series with them would have only offered 1 year.

Associate
Will be mounting (if it turns up!) but nice to hear you can order via LG using serial number, know many others were confused as to where to get it / buy it from on other forums.

As an FYI, we will get the 5 year warranty via LG too when I spoke to them. One of the perks being G series as LG do 5 years when registering serial number on that model (and Z series). C series with them would have only offered 1 year.
Don't forget its only 5 years for the panel , and 1 year for everything else

Soldato
A2 looks like a fairly disappointing upgrade from the A1 or am i missing something here.

The C2 range seems to have a better brighter pannel than the C1 but the A2 has no such upgrade as far as i can tell.

Soldato
Likely but we need to wait for the reviews

However they aren't making panels larger than 65" and I wanted a size upgrade, hence the G2
Have a look on AVS quite a few owners now on there as the Samsung has been available for almost a week now, and it’s blowing everything out of the water, can’t wait to see what the Sony brings (especially with that processing and scaling) I actually have one on order

Associate
Have a look on AVS quite a few owners now on there as the Samsung has been available for almost a week now, and it’s blowing everything out of the water, can’t wait to see what the Sony brings (especially with that processing and scaling) I actually have one on order
Yes it looks good , but if was buying a QD-OLED I would be buying the same one as you , rather than the Samsung , shame they only go to 65" though , that's why i,ve took a punt on one of the cheap 77" G2,s, gonna keep hold of my 77A80J while I review the G2 , then sell which ever one I don't want to keep.

Caporegime
OP

Owners are biased though. Reviewers don't tend to be.

The lack of Dolby Vision support on Samsung is very disappointing IMO.

(I have a QD-OLED Alienware monitor for my PC)

Back
Top Bottom