LG OLED 2022 Thread - A2, B2, C2, G2

Soldato
Might be struggling with local RS as its over in Nottingham and my car is hybrid so the back seat doesn't fold down. I can borrow the works van but only for local runs so if i get it delivered to work i can run it home. I have thought about the C2 but from reviews it doesnt look like a massive upgrade (Altho it does weigh significantly less and the processor is a bit better) for the money. I have also seen from reviews and setup videos the C2 doesnt look like it has a option that the C1 (Black Frame Insertion) that gives the PS5 a better fluidity. Oh and about £1k is going to be my limit really.
Why would you use bfi on ps5? I thought it was for a source that was lower than 60hz? I also thought it added in input lag.

Soldato
From what i recall its for games that can have a higher than 60fps on the 120Hz panel without BFI it can cause a odd effect such as texture bluring. The BFI Options on the C2 are just enable/disable which causes the screen to dim a fair bit. The C1 has several options off low med high that you can use and doesnt dim the screen anywhere near as much. I have not heard anything about input lag caused by it.

Its all kinda irrelevant though as i think the cheapest i can find the C2 55" is £1375 so going from my current Sony Bravia 49" LED 60hz 4k TV to the C1 will be such a big step up the next step to the C2 at an extra £400 for what small-ish changes they have made is probably not worth it for me. All the reviews i have seen, that are pretty up to date, all state its still a fantastic buy (At the RRP of £1099).

Soldato
Damn.. Looks like Currys has the 65" on sale for 999!!! Pity i cant fit it in the area i want :(
Yeah just saw the same, althought i 100% cant get a 65" in the space where my TV goes, so i dont feel so bad. My 55" arrived last week before i had to go away for a the BH weekend but got some time to play with it before i went.

Lovely TV, even coming from a LG C6V 55" (which is now in the bedroom) i can say its an improvement on many things. The upscaling on SD content works really well from what i have witnessed so far and its lovely to game on with a series S, let alone what a PS5 or X would look like with the refresh rate etc.

Soldato
Yeah just saw the same, althought i 100% cant get a 65" in the space where my TV goes, so i dont feel so bad. My 55" arrived last week before i had to go away for a the BH weekend but got some time to play with it before i went.

Lovely TV, even coming from a LG C6V 55" (which is now in the bedroom) i can say its an improvement on many things. The upscaling on SD content works really well from what i have witnessed so far and its lovely to game on with a series S, let alone what a PS5 or X would look like with the refresh rate etc.

Yeah i am the same the room its going into has a nice receded alcove that my new unit fits in and the 55" only just fits or i would have gone for the 48" although that said i might have not bothered.

Did you get yours from Smiths in the link? Any issues with delivery? I am hoping i will have the money sorted by the end of the week to get it ordered. I hope they have one left.

I know that the C2 is a huge amount lighter but did you have any issues moving the C1 around?

Soldato
C1 is indeed quite heavy but managed it on my own. It was a shock as it was a lot heavier than the C6V it replaced - Not quite sure what makes it so heavy!

I would say the only real consideration is that if you have a very naturally light lounge or location its going in, without the ability to block out the light with blinds or curtains it might be worth pumping for something brighter - if you plan on using "good" picture settings for your content. As from what i can read, pushing up the brightness too high on most content tends to wash out the whites and colours somewhat.

For me, i think its easy to get caught up in "this model is brighter" / "this model has better X/Y/Z) but to be honest for the price I paid, and what it brings to the table for my situation - its really a great TV. Following some suggestions on picture settings I am very happy with the picture. But even out of the box some of the standard modes are great (apart from anything like VIVID - which i have NO idea how anyone can watch anything in that mode).

I got mine from my local Richer Sounds - they price matched the Smiths price for me with the 6 year warranty/guarantee.

Soldato
Great thanks for the info.

Yeah, at a push i could go for the C2 but to be honest £300 is a fair bit more so would be happy with the C1 i think.

Its in a small room i use for gaming thats about 2.4m x 2.15m the door is on one side with the alcove next to it and the window is opposite. I have a bind up at the moment but it only really shines in there in the morning. I can look to get a blackout blind which for the small window would only be about £30 so still saving £270.

Did you go into RS or call them up?

Soldato
I sent them an email - to the local store manager.

Asked them to price match Smiths online and they replied the same day saying even though its a different model (stand colour) they would honoured it.

Paid over the phone on my CC, and had it delivered to my house within a few days. Overall great experience again with them (second TV from them now)

Soldato
Great thanks. Last time i went was about 10 years ago to buy an amp. lol Its a pretty difficult place to park in Notts if its still in the same place. On top of that i am pretty sure that it wouldnt fit across my back seat so i would have to borrow the works van and probably would get a bit of earache.

Soldato
Great thanks. Last time i went was about 10 years ago to buy an amp. lol Its a pretty difficult place to park in Notts if its still in the same place. On top of that i am pretty sure that it wouldnt fit across my back seat so i would have to borrow the works van and probably would get a bit of earache.
You can pay over the phone and have it delivered as above. You just need to call them and discuss it.

They will want to sell you a TV, so they will work with you for delivering.

They have very good CS in my experience so it's worth going with them over some online e-tailer

Soldato
Nice one will drop them a call when I get the cash sorted.

Nipped to Costco on the way home(and got stuck in the football traffic) but saw the 55” C2 and it looked great. They have it on offer at 1265 inc vat at the moment.

I have to say though that the wider stand on the C1 looks more premium than the C2 but that’s a personal preference really.

Soldato
Another thing I forgot to mention. I had a quick play with the LG Wiimote and to be honest it’s wasn’t that much fun to use. Is there a genuine LG replacement? I noticed that Sony does a really nice brushed metal backlit one for their TVs. Is there anything like that for LG?

Soldato
Another thing I forgot to mention. I had a quick play with the LG Wiimote and to be honest it’s wasn’t that much fun to use. Is there a genuine LG replacement? I noticed that Sony does a really nice brushed metal backlit one for their TVs. Is there anything like that for LG?
Standard LG infrared remotes all work. The last ~10 years have all been a little compact thing, before that was a bigger one. Button locations vary year on year.

And of course any universal remote will work.

Soldato
This is a glitch. Doesn't actually let you checkout.

Makes me feel a little better as I feel I have to bag every bargain I see.

The the bluetooth remote is the mutts nuts. For me at least. As for the stand, yes the older C9 to C1 looks much more premium than the pokey one on the C2.

Back
Top Bottom