LG plugs NVIDIA G-Sync into its 2019 OLED TVs

Associate
lol at Asus with their OLED "Gamer" panel.

Can't wait for smaller sized OLED's by to show up one day so we can get rid of the trash that qualified as "PC gaming monitors."

Soldato
What's special about LG here? Could this not work with any TV that as VRR, such as the Samsung LCD models? VRR doesn't need HDMI 2.1, or is the Nvidia functionality only using HDMI 2.1, not 2.0?

Associate
What's special about LG here? Could this not work with any TV that as VRR, such as the Samsung LCD models? VRR doesn't need HDMI 2.1, or is the Nvidia functionality only using HDMI 2.1, not 2.0?

The LG headline doesn't give the bigger picture , it should read....

Nvidia will now support VVR over HDMI in a future driver update and the LG t.vs are the 1st displays to be certified G-sync compatible under there testing criteria.

Just the same as D.P, in which they will be looking to bring more companies on board and certify more displays as time goes on.

Associate
OP

LG and NVIDIA got together to certify everything is working correctly. That doesn't happen with a lot of other VRR displays.

Soldato
Whaaaaaaat? If this is true, then I'm going to grab an LG OLED and probably just chance the burn in. Does ANYONE in the UK cover it for burn in?

If Nvidia support VRR over HDMI then surely this I can honestly say theres nothing AMD are offering which will make me switch. God damn they've been aggressive and unforgiving.

Soldato
Whaaaaaaat? If this is true, then I'm going to grab an LG OLED and probably just chance the burn in. Does ANYONE in the UK cover it for burn in?

If Nvidia support VRR over HDMI then surely this I can honestly say theres nothing AMD are offering which will make me switch. God damn they've been aggressive and unforgiving.

I believe John Lewis do, at least they did when I worked there. Depended on the content, if it was news they'd question it but generally pretty lenient as it was a TV at the end of the day

Associate
Whaaaaaaat? If this is true, then I'm going to grab an LG OLED and probably just chance the burn in. Does ANYONE in the UK cover it for burn in?.

I know currys don't as I've had a massive argument with them this week about there extended 5 year warranty and burn in. I'd never buy an Oled ever again with my experience of the two I've had and burn in. Specially for gaming if theirs a HUD on the game, any extended gaming session and its pushing the risk.

They do cover it though if you take there care plan

Back
Top Bottom