LG1980U Mini Review

Associate
theres no questioning its a physically beautiful looking monitor, although the stand would could benefit from a more versitile height adjustment system.

Associate
jamjar said:
And what do you think to the picture quality of the LG 1980U khal8296 ?

To be honest with you i like it. I think picture quality is great! im sat about 70cm away from the screen and it looks perfect. I had a hard time at first adjusting the picture to suit my eyes but eventually i got it right. today i installed forteManager and that has made my life even easier. Love the software - sorts everything out and calibarates the colours. I just change between the various f-engine settings depending on what im doing - surfing, watching movies etc.

I have to say when watching clips and stuff from my distance away at full screen isnt that great. But whos watches films at 70cm away? Not me for sure. When im watching films i tend to lie on the bed and from that distance from the monitor the picture quality is great.

As for the various settings i think the picture quality and the colours are sharpe and vibrant. 2D is very good and 3D isnt bad..

Its just a shame i cant move the monitor a little higher. But thats only an issue if you make it one! I solved it by lowering my seat abit! SORTED

Associate
i think you will only have issue with this monitor if you are sat like 30cm from it. Sit back like me (70cm) and all is great. You sit too close and you will notice allsorts. Its like a painting - you dont view it close up. And dont start looking for faults...... Just enjoy it!

Soldato
khal8296 said:
today i installed forteManager and that has made my life even easier. Love the software - sorts everything out and calibarates the colours. I just change between the various f-engine settings depending on what im doing - surfing, watching movies etc.
Just ordered one of these monitors, would be useful to know what I need to fiddle to get it set up correctly.
What's this forteManager you speak of, and is it included with the monitor? Also, does the software that comes with it allow you to do change settings etc? I read something about it earlier in the thread but am still a little unsure.
I've got a Radeon 9600 so will hopefully be using the DVI connection.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Associate
Big Chris said:
Just ordered one of these monitors, would be useful to know what I need to fiddle to get it set up correctly.
What's this forteManager you speak of, and is it included with the monitor? Also, does the software that comes with it allow you to do change settings etc? I read something about it earlier in the thread but am still a little unsure.
I've got a Radeon 9600 so will hopefully be using the DVI connection.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

1. fortemanager is software that comes with the tft that you can use to set the tft up right. Things like settings, contrast and stuff. Its very good. Install it and play around with it! You'll know what to do after playing about with it for 5min.
You can also use the buttons on the monitor themselves but *** software i would say lets you do more.

2. I dont use a DVI connection.I use Analogue so i cant help you on that. I suppose you just plug it in and then tell the radeon to use DVI through the ATI control panel.

Back
Top Bottom