LG45GR98 45" 240hz oled

Soldato
I cant see a thread for this - ive been searching for the perfect gaming monitor, this was in a deal last week where the £1299 retail price was £500 off bringing it down to £799 making it an enticing purchase.

After recently owning the Samsung G9 5120x1440 and having trouble with the colours on it before it eventually packed up alltogether i was somewhat wary of another oled ultrawide - the 34" ones felt too small for my needs after using a Cx48" for the the past few years but my, this has blown me away. The colours and display is fantastic, almost the perfect monitor i think.

Just wonder if anyone else has purchased one recently and how they are getting on with it.

Associate
I have one, and i replaced a LG 42 C2 with it, and after a few days of getting used to the slightly thicker font's etc for websites and documents i think it works really well!

The price is the only disabling part, it doesn't drop it price like the C2 42 inch which i was able to purchase just before the C3 was released so was bargain priced, but if you can get a price drop like you have seen then there's no question to it

But having the extra hz and the 21:9 view i find more conducive to gaming, and i've got this positioned in the corner of my desk so i am sitting at the right distance.

I use it mainly for media consumption and gaming though. So i wouldn't know how good it would be or not for anything else, but it works great for me, HDR is just as good as the C2 also, i'd actually say it's on par with the C2 but has better functions for PC's

And for comparison im using it alongside a 34 inch 3440x1440 and a 38 inch 3840x1600 displays and i use my 42 inch for my consoles.

I definitely use the 38 inch 3840x1600 for work purposes as i find that the best PPI and size for documents and programs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just wonder if anyone else has purchased one recently and how they are getting on with it.
Yup grabbed this monitor for £799.
It's not as bright as I would like. Did some tweaking to improve that though.
Resolution is also a bit low for productivity / work.

For gaming however it is amazing, great colours, motion, size and aspect ratio.
Enjoying it.

Not so sure about HDR as I find it isn't great in Windows (and some PC games). Will have to keep playing with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
How are you finding the LG ? you got quite a bargain at that price, lowest i can find this is £1049.
it was a £500 off at checkout from one of the big cost saving stores.

Ive got my wall mounted and i sit on a 600mm desk with it, when it was on the stand on the desk i found windows use pretty difficult but so immersive for games.

Its overall brighter than the G9 - I just use HDR on all the time with the slider whacked up to the max its plenty bright for me. As was mentioned above by Drayvn, if you have it at the right distance its amazing for games and is by far the most immersive monitor ive tried. Im sure it will drop back down to the 799 range soon enough.

Soldato
it was a £500 off at checkout from one of the big cost saving stores.

Ive got my wall mounted and i sit on a 600mm desk with it, when it was on the stand on the desk i found windows use pretty difficult but so immersive for games.

Its overall brighter than the G9 - I just use HDR on all the time with the slider whacked up to the max its plenty bright for me. As was mentioned above by Drayvn, if you have it at the right distance its amazing for games and is by far the most immersive monitor ive tried. Im sure it will drop back down to the 799 range soon enough.

Thanks for the feedback hopefully it does drop again, i keep looking at the Corsair 45" version also but @£1400 it just doesn't make sense.

Soldato
OP
Also been thinking about one of these and think I'd be ok with the PPI, good to know you got a good one m8 I know these have some issues sometimes. If it pops up again at 799 I may not be able to resist...
I was concerned about the PPI before i got it but its honestly not an issue if you get the distance right - ive gone through the asus 42" oled last year that had issues, then the g9 ultrawide that had even more issues, ive not had any issues with this one so far.

Associate
When you have a quite an extreme curve like 800r, what's it like watching a 16/9 or widescreen movie? Does it look strange or distorted? I can understand how gaming would look natural, but I'd worry movies / TV would be a bit odd. I've only ever owned flat monitors so I'm not sure how I'd find it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
When you have a quite an extreme curve like 800r, what's it like watching a 16/9 or widescreen movie? Does it look strange or distorted? I can understand how gaming would look natural, but I'd worry movies / TV would be a bit odd. I've only ever owned flat monitors so I'm not sure how I'd find it.
i dont watch films on my monitor but id imagine quite cinematic.

Sitting on the desk with the stand it feels way curvier than it does mounted on the wall, it doesnt feel like its too big on the wall but on the stand it felt like i was having to turn my head left and right to see stuff, even on a 800mm desk.

Soldato
PXL-20231227-213612441-PORTRAIT.jpg

Managed to deepen my desk. Way better now.
Excuse the mess, I was sorting things out.

Last edited:
Associate
I cant see a thread for this - ive been searching for the perfect gaming monitor, this was in a deal last week where the £1299 retail price was £500 off bringing it down to £799 making it an enticing purchase.

After recently owning the Samsung G9 5120x1440 and having trouble with the colours on it before it eventually packed up alltogether i was somewhat wary of another oled ultrawide - the 34" ones felt too small for my needs after using a Cx48" for the the past few years but my, this has blown me away. The colours and display is fantastic, almost the perfect monitor i think.

Does it have KVM switch and if so can you control 2 desktops with one mouse and keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom