Lian Li G70

Man of Honour
OP
lol guys, I've been watching a couple of films whilst my camera charges. I will get some pics online tomorrow but it is good! I like it anyway - a brief run down for you. It's got 120mm fans instead of the usual 80's - it's layed out similar to the PC70/75, but it has a psu cage down the bottom AND at the top. It's ideal for watercooling without midification now, although if you do use a triple rad in the top you can only use a psu in the bottom.

My gripes; I wish they had ditched the two floppy bays and replaced the cage with extra optical bays. Just seems more practical these days. But I really like the simplistic looks, although the brushed silver does look a little plain - it needs my "aesthetic touch" :) They've mounted a side fan in a removable mount, so you can point it over the motherboard/VGA etc. It's well balanced. They've stuck USB/firewire and sound ports on the top panel this time, making it much easier to access. There are also proper aluminium removable feet, (nice touch!), and psu silencers fitted as options. It's been well designed for a change.

Soldato
You through my joint of Beef away, not what do we celebrate with when he posts pictures!

No Beef
No skittles

:(

Suppose we still have the taters and choco buttons :)

Get the pictures tommorrow, you just have to :D

Man of Honour
OP
without further ado here's some pics -

g70_1.jpg

g70_2.jpg

g70_3.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Sandmaster500 said:
:eek: That is a thing of beauty!

Looks a lot better there than on the site!

That a 120mm at the back? And whats going in it?
That is going to look amazing anodised!

I want a lian li!

120mm at the front and rear yes, plus one at the side. They are all 7v by the looks of things too (Lian Li provided relevant fan connections!).

I'm cutting a rad hole in the top panel for a Evo 360, and will be using Aqua watercooling kit throughout for a change (small bore low flow). It will be a X2 4800 7900GTX SLI system when finished.

Permabanned
Looks very nice, apart from the buttons.

Bulgin ***!

edit- I did not know f-t-w was a rude word lol.

anyway, get a bulgin on that thing

Soldato
So I take it the air-intake for the front fan is all those little slits around the edges, like on the P180?

I think it looks nice, but meh - I'm not that keen on the chamfered(sp?)/bevelled edges - I prefer the straight 90 degree angles of the other Lian Li cases.

Phil - are you planning on anodising?

Man of Honour
OP
p4radox said:
So I take it the air-intake for the front fan is all those little slits around the edges, like on the P180?

I think it looks nice, but meh - I'm not that keen on the chamfered(sp?)/bevelled edges - I prefer the straight 90 degree angles of the other Lian Li cases.

Phil - are you planning on anodising?

Yeah those vents on the two sides should provide enough cool air. I'll hold judgment on the edges until I have anodised it (and powder baked the internals) - with some colour I think it will look pretty cool! I much prefer the simple lines myself - I generally prefer this to the other cases though. It's as if the designers have really sat down and thought about it. I have no idea what the RRP will be and a release date though - this is only the second G70 in the UK at the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom