Lian Li PC PC-9F standoff size

Associate
Hi everyone

I recently purchased all the parts for a new build using the Lian Li PC-9F.

I've a mATX motherboard and the standoffs in the case were screwed* in at the factory for ATX so I need to swap a couple around and I'd also like to remove the surplus standoffs so everything is neat.

I couldn't unscrew with my hands which have apparently became soft-skinned and useless and I don't want to risk scratching the case using pliers and, besides, I can't even find the things. I do have an adjustable spanner but it's pretty large and probably even more of a liability to the soft aluminium. Some Googling suggests the tool I need is a 'nut driver', possibly M3, but does anyone with experience of this case know for sure? I'm tempted to buy a set but the set I am looking at is M2.5-M5 with some additional tools, will M2.5+ cover me or do I need smaller (the standoffs seem pretty slim)?

TIA

* at least I hope they are threaded. They look like they've been screwed in and the case has mATX support

Associate
OP
In case anyone else has the same problem (and because I hate unresolved threads) the Lian Li PC-9F pre-fitted standoffs need a 5mm nut driver.

Back
Top Bottom