Lian Li Q85 build help

Associate
Hey guys,

Just wanted to get your opinion on this part list for a build I'm planning for my Mrs.

Lian Li Q85
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING
Ryzen 5800x
Kingston FURY 8GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL17 Beast
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti VISION OC 8GB
Corsair SF750 750W 80 Plus Platinum
Arctic P12 120mm
Samsung 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe 980
Corsair Hydro Series H60 biały 120mm

Is there anything thats a bad choice? I should swap out?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Do you mean the Q58 ?

Little confused by the choice of a single stick of ram. Is that another typo ?

Also it seems you have picked a full sized ATX mobo and the case only supports mini ITX.

If you go with a SFF psu then apparently you can fit a 240mm AIO but I think the 120mm will be just fine and I would actually suggest you go with a 5600 and not a 5800x and a 120mm aio is certainly ok for 5600.

Do you mean the Q58 ?

Little confused by the choice of a single stick of ram. Is that another typo ?

Also it seems you have picked a full sized ATX mobo and the case only supports mini ITX.

If you go with a SFF psu then apparently you can fit a 240mm AIO but I think the 120mm will be just fine and I would actually suggest you go with a 5600 and not a 5800x and a 120mm aio is certainly ok for 5600.
Haha yeah the ram was a typo.

Yup defo mean the Q58.
Haha I've never really looked into an mini ITX so I knew I would make some mistakes. What kind of mobo would you recommend instead?
And true I could go for a 240mm AIO, probs especially for temp.

Happy to basically swap anything and everything out except the case and a 3070.

If you are determined to go for that case then there is very little choice when it comes to mini ITX.

This is the only B550 version available on OCUK and if you look at X570 then they are £250+ so expensive.

TBH the Q58 confuses me and I do not understand how you would display or present it. Have you not considered a more normal Micro ATX or small case such as these ?

I know some other forum members have researched this case and know what fits where far better than I do so hopefully they can help you out more.

If you are determined to go for that case then there is very little choice when it comes to mini ITX.

This is the only B550 version available on OCUK and if you look at X570 then they are £250+ so expensive.

TBH the Q58 confuses me and I do not understand how you would display or present it. Have you not considered a more normal Micro ATX or small case such as these ?

I know some other forum members have researched this case and know what fits where far better than I do so hopefully they can help you out more.
TBH the only other case I considered was the NZXT H1 (going by what my wife likes).
Would that one be easier to build in?

I will try to explain why I think the Q58 is odd. It is a real nice small case but the mobo is backwards facing with the gpu behind it so which side do you want to look at ? I just do not understand it and the windowed part will be looking at the riser cable and an aio rad , I just think that is a bit wierd and not my cup of tea

The NZXT H1 is just mesh so fit the parts inside and position it how you pls, I understand that. They will both be equally awkward to build in and I was more concerned with the final look than difficulty. You do get a lot of added value with the NZXT case with lots in the box including psu, cooler, gen 4 riser cable.

From a personal point of veiw and thinking of how it would look in the end I would go for the NZXT over the Lian Li but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it is your choice.

I will try to explain why I think the Q58 is odd. It is a real nice small case but the mobo is backwards facing with the gpu behind it so which side do you want to look at ? I just do not understand it and the windowed part will be looking at the riser cable and an aio rad , I just think that is a bit wierd and not my cup of tea

The NZXT H1 is just mesh so fit the parts inside and position it how you pls, I understand that. They will both be equally awkward to build in and I was more concerned with the final look than difficulty. You do get a lot of added value with the NZXT case with lots in the box including psu, cooler, gen 4 riser cable.

From a personal point of veiw and thinking of how it would look in the end I would go for the NZXT over the Lian Li but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it is your choice.
Thanks man.

I really appreciate that. Agree on the benefits of the NZXT H1.
If I was going to stick to the 3070, and the NZXT H1 what other parts would you recommend to finalise it? (sorry for asking haha but my build knowledge is limited and rather ask others and then research).

If thats ok!

NZXT H1 V2 Mini comes with cooler and psu.

Then you need

Cpu 5600 or 5700x is less power hungry than 5800x so that mite be a better option but can always tweak the 5800x
As above
Motherboard sugested.
Memory would get 32gb motherboard has only 2 slots
M2 drive
Gpu.

Last edited:
My basket at OcUK:

Total: £769.66 (includes delivery: £11.70)​

Asus website is a pain to search for the correct ram. I am 99% certain the above ram will work at the correct speeds but if you want to be absolutely certain you can get CMK32GX4M2Z3200C16 if you search for that on the rainforest. Add whatever version of windows you want and you have the gpu in mind already so thats all you need.

P.s. 5600 is on preorder , 5600x is £30 more and not worth it imo. May be able to source it elsewhere. If you wanted to go for a 5800x then the cooler will handle it but I do not see the point of that over a 5600.

Last edited:
My basket at OcUK:

Total: £769.66 (includes delivery: £11.70)​

Asus website is a pain to search for the correct ram. I am 99% certain the above ram will work at the correct speeds but if you want to be absolutely certain you can get CMK32GX4M2Z3200C16 if you search for that on the rainforest. Add whatever version of windows you want and you have the gpu in mind already so thats all you need.

P.s. 5600 is on preorder , 5600x is £30 more and not worth it imo. May be able to source it elsewhere. If you wanted to go for a 5800x then the cooler will handle it but I do not see the point of that over a 5600.
Amazing.
Put together as similar as I could basket where I live...

Would this be ok?

cqPqD9n.png

It all looks the same. I did not know you were not in the UK. Have no idea on the decent prices in your region but you may be able to get a 2tb SSD for cheaper than the 2 seperate ones , Samsung are normally more expensive but may not be in your region and availability is always a problem.

You may want to check the prices for the mobos that mickey recommended. I only recommended the Asus mobo because it is the only mini itx in stock on OCUK.

The NZXT is on sale in UK and only £220 , if thats Polish Zloty then you are paying full price and not getting a discount. I wish I could help you more but I have no idea what options you have available to get decent prices.

It all looks the same. I did not know you were not in the UK. Have no idea on the decent prices in your region but you may be able to get a 2tb SSD for cheaper than the 2 seperate ones , Samsung are normally more expensive but may not be in your region and availability is always a problem.

You may want to check the prices for the mobos that mickey recommended. I only recommended the Asus mobo because it is the only mini itx in stock on OCUK.

The NZXT is on sale in UK and only £220 , if thats Polish Zloty then you are paying full price and not getting a discount. I wish I could help you more but I have no idea what options you have available to get decent prices.
Thats OK!
Not a big deal, I can do further research myself.
Would it be worth it upgrading to like a NZXT AIO cooler? (like the kraken)

or the one built in is ok?

The entire point of buying that case is to use the included PSU and the AIO cooler specifically designed for it. It is more than enough for the cpu you intend to get so do not worry about it.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get your opinion on this part list for a build I'm planning for my Mrs.

Lian Li Q85
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING
Ryzen 5800x
Kingston FURY 8GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL17 Beast
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti VISION OC 8GB
Corsair SF750 750W 80 Plus Platinum
Arctic P12 120mm
Samsung 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe 980
Corsair Hydro Series H60 biały 120mm

Is there anything thats a bad choice? I should swap out?

Thank you!
The parts you have chosen are all good quality and should work well together. The only thing I would suggest is to upgrade the RAM to a higher speed, such as 3200MHz or 3600MHz. This will help with overall performance and will make the system run smoother. Other than that, everything looks good.

Back
Top Bottom