Lian-Li V2100 +

Associate
Hi guys just a few tips if I may.

I just got the above case for the following reasons.

1. Bigger, tons more space, easy access for swapping disks.

Had antec 900 and although blew nice and cool was a headache for moving disks around and cable management was just about impossible unless you drilled
holes etc, which was never gonna happen.

2. Power supply sectioned off with the fan blowing downwards instead of right up into the GPU so upgrade to crossfire without heat worry's etc.

Anyway..all is good, love the case..even though I had to nip to ikea to upgrade desk aswell so I could get it under it!!!

One thing, no reset button? Or appropriate wire etc. Should that be a concern? Everycase I ever owned had one of those and often comes in handy if things go wrong etc??

Also the exaust fan at the back behind the CPU was facing in to blow into the case instead of blasting it out. I have 4 ghz I7 gigabyte bundle with push pull fans so need it to be the otherway. Is this going to upset things in there I cant see it but just thought I better check.

Also that fan you can attach to the side so it sits above the GPU's is it good for crossfire heat extraction?

Any one who used this case is there any extra cooling needed for optimal airflow or am I good to go.

Thanks for any tips chaps.

Soldato
Also that fan you can attach to the side so it sits above the GPU's is it good for crossfire heat extraction?
It's pretty much necessary. Otherwise this inverted ATX case doesn't have any exhaust in its hottest place. (unless you add top fan)

Also using three 5.25" bays for intake fan and turning fan next to CPU as exhaust would be required for getting sense making airflow.
(with that rear fan as intake CPU is baking everything above it like graphics card)

Associate
OP
Cool I see, thanks for that.

I already switched the fan round at the back so if I add the fan above GPU and then stick another at the front where the drive bays are I'm good to go?

How would I attach them? Glue them to the bezzlez?

Associate
Associate
OP
Hey just looked at the review of that bay cooler thing and it seems noisey - did you swap the fan or is it OK?

Have you any pics of how you got your airflow set up?:)

Back
Top Bottom