DELETED_3139

Associate
I am looking at linking two external outbuildings to a main house assume i would need 4 of these one on the main house, one on the first building then another on the first building pointing to the final building and one on the last building, if that makes sense, the i assume the two on the first building can be linked together via a network switch?

Associate
Another vote for the nanostations
We have two AC Locos connecting two buildings just 15m or so away which reports a capacity of 610Mbs
I haven’t looked to optimise it yet as they aren’t in their final mounting positions but as you can see they are capable of even over the 450Mbs they report on the Ubiquiti site at small distances

They can do point to multipoint so it depends on the geography when linking three buildings
The antenna is optimised for the clients to be within a certain angle so if your outbuilding are on opposite sides of the main building you will need 4 nanostations

Soldato
NanoBeams seem to be popular now and I’ve seen quite a few installs using them. Not sure what the main differences are for choosing one over the other, only than the beams having a narrower beam reducing the potential for interference.

Caporegime
The NanoStation Loco ACs are about half the price of the NanoBeam ACs. You lose the passthrough port and the antenna gain/beam is different. If you're doing a short hop there's no reason to spend the extra.

Back
Top Bottom