Linux Graffiti Spotted in Toronto Subway Station

Soldato
I reckon that will do more harm than good for Linux. Let's face it, not many people walking past will know what it means and so will associate Linux with graffiti.

Edit - It says the above in the article.

Soldato
Problem is, "Linux" isn't branded or even single facetted, so each brand is different and that confuses people.

Think - mp3 players were unheard of, yet people grasped what an "iPod" was.

We need to do the same with Linux - and my money would be on Ubuntu.

After all, Mac Os X + is basically just Unix, but they don't brand it as that.

On another note, they should have done the graffiti a bit better ^^ white out would have been cleaner and clearer, rather than yellow on the windows logo which isn't too legible.

Soldato
Shoseki said:
Problem is, "Linux" isn't branded or even single facetted, so each brand is different and that confuses people.

I often think this sometimes to be the major downfall of Linux - I do love it to bits at times, but there are just so many distros! how is Joe Bloggs meant to know which is what? Linux isn't Just linux like OS X is just OS X.

Although Vista seems to have gone down the crazy ammount of versions route now! but not to the same extent!

On topic though, it seems a bit snipy, and a bit childish to do that, doesn't really give linux positive press to the average consumer, just lets the hacker elite have a "**** Yeah!! Fight the Power!"

Rich

Back
Top Bottom