Linux / Unix books ... what to do with them ...

Soldato
[Note to Moderators - this is not a forsale thread, I just want opinions]

Ok, so sorting out my home office and I've got approximately two shelves of tech books. Now most of these are O'Rielly books on Linux / Unix subjects (things like Essential System Administration, Sed & Awk, Vi etc) and probably date from the early to mid 00's. There are also web development books which are very out of date now.

Whilst they are quite old the majority of the content are still valid (apart from them not covering things like systemd). But they've been on the shelf for literally years without being touched now. They are in excellent condition but the question is what to do with them? I'm loathed to just throw them away as they are in such good condition and they are really to heavy too make it worth selling them if it involved shipping.

Thoughts?

Man of Honour
Stick them up on gumtree as a job lot price or free to collector. Someone will take them off your hands.

Either that or work out the postage price plus ebay/PayPal fees, and list them on ebay as 99p plus postage (include your fee in the postage cost).

Soldato
If you post in the members market and link it here I might be interested in paying shipping and a bit extra (I hope this doesn't break the rules - feel free to delete if it does).

Man of Honour
There are several companies such as musicmagpie, ziffit, webuybooks that have an app. You can scan the bar code with it to see how much they would buy them (they may not).

Back
Top Bottom