Linux with plex and utorrent on an N54l, feasible?

Associate
Hi all, I am not getting enough bandwidth from my router at one end of the house, to my desktop at the other end of the house, I have decided to put an N54l in place to cover my Utorrent needs and to also act as a plex server as my old NAS with files on cannot run it due to hardware.

I was thinking of using a linux distro to run both plex server and utorrent, I am not expecting it to be able to transcode if needed, but if it does then great! I would however like to be able to have a shared folder so when I download torrent files on my desktop it would save them to a folder where the N54l would automatically see them and kick off a torrent.

Anyone here done as above, and if so which linux OS would you recommend?

Is this feasible, or should I just put W10 on it and accept the OS overhead?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for that. I have looked at xpenology and it looked like a viable solution, just very alien for an intrinsic windows user. Just a case of gritting teeth and going for it I suppose.

Does transmission work well for picking up torrent files from an N54L share accessed by a windows machine?

When I was young I loved pointless challenges installing OS's and solutions, now I struggle to build enthusiasm but am skinflint enough to have to do it because I wont spend out for new expensive kit that does it out of the box! I need a lottery win...

Back
Top Bottom