Liquid Freezer ii 420 into Haf X ?

Associate
Trying to work out if a Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 420 :
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/arct...ormance-cpu-water-cooler-420mm-hs-07m-ar.html
will go into my old HAF X case (https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/legacy-products/cases/haf-x/) possibly with some easy modification.
If possible would like to keep the 2x 200mm fans at the top under the grill, so fit the radiator with fans inside.

Anyone know of this or something similar for this case. Am wanting to retire my old NH D14 to help cool 3900x and then 5900x/5950x whenever that’s possible.
If need to change case I’ll probably wait till I have time/motivation for full closed loop.

Associate
OP
I got a haf x. the 360 AFII just fit at the top. Don't see the 420 doing it.

image0.jpg
That’s great thank you.
I miss my haf x
Yep I really want to keep mine if I can. So big and heavy and looks good plus a nice big side fan for the GPU

Associate
OP
AFII 360 in. Used the MX4 paste that came with it. Fan config default (push through rad as pic above). Can curve in BIOS default except top 2x200mm fans pulling on rad other side = CPU based rather than system
Did a simple 10 mins of OCCT before and after...

Noctua Nhd14
=========
CPU(Tctl/Tdie) Min = 54, Max = 66
CPU Die (average) Min = 48, Max = 68
CPU CCD1 (Tdie) Min = 43, Max = 70
CPU CCD2 (Tdie) Min = 56, Max = 66
VRM MOS Min = 29, Max = 36

AFII 360
=====
CPU(Tctl/Tdie) Min = 37, Max = 69
CPU Die (average) Min = 32, Max = 72
CPU CCD1 (Tdie) Min = 31, Max = 71
CPU CCD2 (Tdie) Min = 28, Max = 64
VRM MOS Min = 32, Max = 36

Overall I would say I should have kept the Noctua. I was very careful with paste application and assembly of the new cooler. It's done now, I guess it 'looks' nice but no different to noise as the Noctua was pretty silent anyway.

Associate
OP
change to intake rather than exhaust. also are you sure you mounted it correctly?
Yep, very sure it was mounted correctly. Correct brackets in the positions so plate was exact middle of CPU.
I think with the large amount of airflow and space in my case it really helped the huge Noctua heat sink before it.
I’ll try turning things round with fans other side pulling air in & through. Have had enough of PC fiddling for the moment

Back
Top Bottom