Liquid metal between IHS and cooler?

Associate
Hi, 8 Pack. Do you use liquid metal between the IHS and cooler in your own builds for better temps? Or is liquid metal something you only use between die and IHS when delidding?
Do you use liquid metal on GPU waterblocks?

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Hi, 8 Pack. Do you use liquid metal between the IHS and cooler in your own builds for better temps? Or is liquid metal something you only use between die and IHS when delidding?
Do you use liquid metal on GPU waterblocks?

Thanks in advance.

@8 Pack hopefully tag should get his attention if thread isn't watched - normally between the die and IHS, as you've got such a small surface area for heat transfer

OcUK Staff
I only use between IHS and CPU die... Obviously if we direct die then I use on the cooler then without IHS but this is rare. I use Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut between IHS and heatsink on most occasions.

Associate
OP
I only use between IHS and CPU die... Obviously if we direct die then I use on the cooler then without IHS but this is rare. I use Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut between IHS and heatsink on most occasions.
Thanks, thats good to know.

Do you ever use liquid metal on GPU die when applying a waterblock, or is that Kryonaut as well?

Back
Top Bottom