Little help with some ram for upgrade.

Associate
I already have a ROG Strix b650e-f board and am planning to put a 7800x3d in it im just a little sure on what memory to get.

I would like white RGB to go with the build but im not sure which of these is more suitable.

any help appreciated

Stret

Do you need to worry about cooler clearance over the RAM heatsinks, or it doesn't matter?

This kit is on the QVL of your motherboard: KF560C32RSAK2-32

This kit is the best in terms of price/performance for the X3D: FF4D532G6000HC30DC01

Do you need to worry about cooler clearance over the RAM heatsinks, or it doesn't matter?

This kit is on the QVL of your motherboard: KF560C32RSAK2-32

This kit is the best in terms of price/performance for the X3D: FF4D532G6000HC30DC01
No clearance shouldnt be a problem, I have an AIO.

My current ram is Team group and had no issues. Will FF4D532G6000HC30DC01 work with my board?

Thanks for the help

My current ram is Team group and had no issues. Will FF4D532G6000HC30DC01 work with my board?
The Kingston kit has been tested by Asus, the FF4D* kit has not.

I can see a couple of reddit posts where someone used that kit with a 7800X3D and Asus Strix board and reported no problems, but it is Intel XMP and untested, so you take your chances.

Quick update on this fially got the build up and running and the ram seem to be working fine on EXPO.
I did have some trouble with stuttering which looks to be common on the 7800x3d but i seem to have resolved it today.

How? For future people searching with this issue.
Of course sorry.

After loads of testing I narrowed it down to a combination of turning the igpu off in the bios and not using rivatuner to limit my FPS. (No doing it in control panel.

I've set my 3080 up as before in afterburner and am slowly increasing the curve on pbo and at the moment I'm seeing zero stutter.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom