Little program I made to help you manage you're TV Shows

Associate
I have finally bothered to getting around to making a web page for my folder organisation program I made a while back called Media Folder Manager.

Essentially it lets you mass create folders for you're TV shows without having to keep making a folder for a new season or episode manually.

The reason behind making it was exactly that. I got tired of repeatable having to manually make folders so decided hay I can probably make something to do this for me, and hay presto I did. It's not the most advanced program in the world by any standard but I thought I'd share it with you guys none the less, as It would be pretty awesome to think that I may have made somebody's day easier XD

If you find any problems with it click my name at the bottom of the page and send me up an email and I'll get around to fixing it at some point... he says.

Download is available on my website here for free :):
http://ryanholder.co.uk/projects/mfm/

Enjoy!

but you're still having to create the folders manually, you're just doing it a different way, at least from what I've read on the page.

For instance for the new seasons of House I would go to my TV folder, then the House folder, right click, create folder, select it, F2 to rename and rename it Season 8.

In your program it looks like I have to navigate to the correct location, enter the name for the folder that you want, set the season and # of episodes and create the folder.

I've not downloaded it yet, but I'm struggling to see from the description why it's faster :S

If you already have a folder called house it will ignore that and just create the new season you have asked for inside your tv folder. So the structure would be like
TV Shows
House
<Season>
<Episode(s)>
Mostly comes in handy for the episodes bit, instead of having to manually create say 12 folders for the episodes they are created in a secound

Last edited:
I'd have thought most people store their episodes directly beneath a season directory. I certainly do, and that tends to be how season packs are organised too. It also makes browsing media via a TV or similar DLNA device a bit simpler.

Yeah that sounds fair enough I know many people that organise like that. Like said it was made for my organisation and just thought I'd share it if anybody else ever had the same problem :)

I can't remember the last time I even touched the file system for my TV shows which are automatically downloaded, renamed, moved to the correct folder structure then synced to Plex.

Get Sickbeard, never look back.

Yeah I do also use sickbeard. Like said I made it a while back when I used the likes of rapidshare + JDownloader. I just personally like to manually organise my files so I just put it here incase anybody else did and it could save them some time like it did me :)

Back
Top Bottom