Live for Speed. Large update this weekend

Associate
Well, reasonably large. I know some of you are already following the hype.

Live for Speed (LFS) is recieving a useful update soon, the hype machine on the offical website (link) is working overtime as it counts down the days to the patch with most days bringing a new teasing glimpse into what will be included.

So far we're going to get:

Updated graphics (lots of nice little touches and hopefully some track improvements)

Improved aerodynamic improvements

Improved tyre physics

New track configurations

AND, BMW Sauber have apparently allowed their F1 car to be used.
:cool: (link ) Possibly tieing in with a competition/show/demonstration they may be doing soon with Intel.

Bottom line is, handling will be much improved (less slippy when at slow speeds), graphics will be better, at least one new car and new tracks. And there's still more to be revealed!

Can't wait.

F1SAUBER.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
As much as I like my eye candy, I really like the LFS look. At the moment it doesn't have the more recent shader effects that other (rFactor included) racers have implemented, but in terms of the modelling, look and feel of the cars and tracks I think it quite nice myself. A lot of textures are still lowres as it is still technically a test web release and file size was originally intended to be kept low. I love the damage modelling too :)

I know this is all opinion and personal preference, but what is it you think is poor NightSt@lk3r?

Associate
OP
NathanE said:
What are people's best times in the GTI on Blackwood?

World record is 1:31.54

Mine is somewhere in 1:34 I think without practice, I know where I can easily improve but never get round to it :) Would hope I could break into the 1:33s.

1:33 is great NathanE! Get the S2 Licence now!

Associate
OP
Pinched from the LFS forums...

Easy race settings should be quite forgiving and fun. The world record setups may be faster in the right hands but are only good for a couple of laps. Change the tyres for some harder ones if using them to race.

Easy race setups: link

World record setups: link

All credit for the easy setups goes to Bob Smith from the LFS Forums.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Seeing as we missed this wednesday on the OcUK server, maybe we should do some weekend racing/practice. Even a GTi BL Demo server, everyone welcome!

Back
Top Bottom