Liverpool v Man Utd racism

Permabanned
sandy10 said:
It puts an indelible scar on the name of Finnan, irrespective of if it comes to nothing, and that's 100% wrong.

The GM Police have managed to make themselves look like a right bunch of **** over the last couple of weeks.They're probably trying to even the score over the meal they made of the Gary Neville celebration incident.I bet they're not so diligent when it comes to burglaries or assaults in Manchester,or are have they got that so well under control they can afford to waste time and money on bs

Soldato
Two issues here for me really. Firstly im a UTD through and through. Until last season I was going since 1986. Got married there, seen the good times and seen some of the bad times.

First point, in Isolation it's easy to single out Finnan and say what he didi was wrong. If it is proved beyond doubt then he should be condemnd for it and the powers that be should exercise their authority to the max.

Second point. As much as it's an alleged racist comment sometimes a lot of these reports are out of pure vindictivness from fans and noting else. However people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. That said I think racism in football is pretty common. Just look at the rubbish Eto'o has to put up with playing for Barca. Utd has an examplary record for anti-racist beahviour. It only takes one bad apple in the crowd. Let's remember that Peter Schmeichel was involved in an alleged incident of a simmilar nature with Ian Wright at The Librbary in the 90's

Associate
sandy10 said:
Yes, a deaf "fan" lipread the alleged racist abuse whilst watching the TV.

FFS.

Surely if the "alleged" event took place, the other players in the vicinity of Finnan would have shown disgust, and lodged the complaint - not someone in their front-room who thought they had seen something suspicious.

It puts an indelible scar on the name of Finnan, irrespective of if it comes to nothing, and that's 100% wrong.

Wouldn't be so sure to be honest. The ambulance rocking story has appeared in pretty much all of the national media, yet as far as I am aware (just checked on it to be sure) it still hasn't been condemned or mentioned on the official site (I read other sports forums where people have kept track of this). Football clubs in general are very insular and have a "close ranks" attitude when any bad press about them appears, but liverpool really have gone overboard by just refusing to acknowledge it happened.

They'll probably claim it was chelsea fans again.

Associate
Bellboy said:
Wouldn't be so sure to be honest. The ambulance rocking story has appeared in pretty much all of the national media, yet as far as I am aware (just checked on it to be sure) it still hasn't been condemned or mentioned on the official site (I read other sports forums where people have kept track of this). Football clubs in general are very insular and have a "close ranks" attitude when any bad press about them appears, but liverpool really have gone overboard by just refusing to acknowledge it happened.

They'll probably claim it was chelsea fans again.

Uhhhh... http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?...id=&title=Angry+Parry+raps+Reds+fans&channel=

Associate
point retracted to a degree, still not seen a mention of it on the official site though, which is strange considering it is the club's internet 'spokesperson'

Back
Top Bottom