Living without Electric.

Capodecina
Soldato
I could manage about a week with the gas cooker, radio, books, games and candles.

Nah, you [as in your personally] could do longer than that. As it went on, the easier it would get.

I imagine I could do a month. I would also add my guitar and writing materials to that list, none of which need power.

I think what I would find difficult is not being able to listen to my own music or watch films, but for a month it's possible.

Last edited:
Associate
I originally come from South Africa, we had power cuts often...Although I could cope with it back then I don't think I'll be able to cope with it for very long lol.

Associate
I think i could cope for a while, keeping myself entertained with the outdoors. But while i do whatever i had to do, i know in the back of my mind i would be thinking about being on the computer.

Soldato
I think I could adapt, however I would get serious withdraw from TV / Films!

We know a few people that were without water for 6 - 8 weeks over the xmas period, and still up to now without running water...now that IS a nightmare!

Soldato
I can live for electricity for a week, well technically, I go camping but there's burger vans everywhere, and a massive sound stage lol so I guess that doesn't count

Soldato
1 nanosecond, also remember without electricty you can't drive your car, you can't go outside at night, you can't do anything! It's a lie, no one lives without electricity in the history of earth, all evidence of civilization without electricity has been planted by Google.

Soldato
As long as I had gas to cook with I'd be OK!

People would have to tear themselves away from Jeremy Kyle and FaceBook and actually interact with REAL humans. Wouldn't be a bad thing IMO.

Soldato
1 nanosecond, also remember without electricty you can't drive your car, you can't go outside at night, you can't do anything! It's a lie, no one lives without electricity in the history of earth, all evidence of civilization without electricity has been planted by Google.

You don't need electricity to make fire or to make hunting tools....

Caporegime
I've camped for 7 weeks with no electric and a single gas burner. No radio no nothing.
At the time it didn't bother me at all. Looking back i dunno how i did it.

OH i had a Gameboy with Tetris... so i guess i failed.

Soldato
Well I would only miss video games so it would be doable. I could just study my a-level in candle light, get to college on my bike.. oh but college would be shut because its "too cold" for students if the radiators aren't on full blast all year around.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom