Lloyds TSB Credit Card Payment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capodecina
Permabanned
Morning all,

I can't for the life of me workout how to pay off my Lloyds TSB credit card online using Lloyds TSB Internet Banking?

My main bank account is with Lloyds, and so is the credit card.

I've tried going to payments and transfers, and adding my credit card using the account number shown for my main debit card, and the same sort code, and putting my credit card number is the payment reference as it says, but they just transferred the money out of, and back into my main account.

I'm probably doing something very stupid here but I can't work it out and thought i'd check on here first before ringing :)

Any ideas?

Don
Pay to:
LTSB CREDIT CARD

Sort code:
77-29-00 (I think this is for all cards..)

Account number:

00000000 - this is what you need in there

Reference (if any):

Your 16 Digit card number (no spaces)

Capodecina
Permabanned
OP
I've put the Pay to in as LTSB CREDIT CARD, and used my account number and sort code from my main card, but my credit card number as my reference.

No doubt it'll probably just take it out of my main account, and put it straight back in my main account in the morning.

If that doesn't work i'll give them a ring.

The online help thing is no use at all, you'd think it would be straight foward seeing as it shows the credit card when you log in.

Soldato
I think one of the FAQ's explains how to do it on the Lloyds site. Certainly mine looks very much like bledd's discription from memory.

Once you have the payee set up you can make transfers as and when. I tend not to wiat for my statement but pay them off as and when they appear on my online bill.

Soldato
Pay to:
LTSB CREDIT CARD

Sort code:
77-29-00 (I think this is for all cards..)

Account number:

00000000 - this is what you need in there

Reference (if any):

Your 16 Digit card number (no spaces)

Bledd has it right.

1. Log into your account
2. go to "Make a transfer or payment"
3. Click "add"
4. Click "pay a bill"
5. In Company type in "lloyds" and click "find" (duuh)
6. Click on "LLOYDS TSB CREDIT CARD ( 77-29-00 00000000 )"
7. In reference number type in your Credit card number.
8. Click add :)

Capodecina
Permabanned
OP
Bledd has it right.

1. Log into your account
2. go to "Make a transfer or payment"
3. Click "add"
4. Click "pay a bill"
5. In Company type in "lloyds" and click "find" (duuh)
6. Click on "LLOYDS TSB CREDIT CARD ( 77-29-00 00000000 )"
7. In reference number type in your Credit card number.
8. Click add :)

Sorted, cheers :D

I was trying to add a person like a numpty :(

Soldato
I was well impressed to discover that if I did Transfers and Payments and then did pay a bill. Not only could I add by LTSB credit card, but also my council tax and my Virgin Credit Card. Much less faf then using Virgin's site.

Associate
rofl! I work for LTSB cards and we get queries like that every day!!...usualy its am I paying a bill or a person? and where it says account number it wont let me put in the 16 digts hehe

Capodecina
Permabanned
OP
rofl! I work for LTSB cards and we get queries like that every day!!...usualy its am I paying a bill or a person? and where it says account number it wont let me put in the 16 digts hehe

It does seem quite obvious now i've done it, but at first I couldn't work it out at all.

The money has been took from my main account but not shown up on my Lloyds Mastercard statement yet :(

Associate
Glad to find this thread via google, man you can rely on OcUK for everything XD

I was very dubious about the 00000000 account number, but after seeing this I just made my first payment to my credit card.

I'll be sure to post back if this works just so that anyone else seeing this via google like me, can know if it works.

Soldato
While we're on the subject of credit card payments, I recently started using this direct payment method from my current account instead of going directly to my card supplier's website and using direct debit.

So now whenever I spend anything on my credit card, I transfer that same amount back onto the credit card usually within 48hrs.

Are there reasons why I shouldn't be doing this, and instead waiting for my monthly statement to come through before paying that in full?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom