lock up/restart under load??

Soldato
lately im getting shutdowns under load, did a reinstall of windows, repasted cpu, but still getting shutdowns. just tried a game and it happened again, i even not overclocking anything, cpu fan is constantly going, so suggesting something cpu related, core speeds seem to be constantly bouncing around at idle, and temps fluctuating, but temps are all fine, its a hard lock and restart. even if installing some software programs it shuts down. lots of errors/warnings in event viewer. when it shuts down, but im not expert
any ideas
Untitd.png

Man of Honour
psu is Evga 750 g2, so iv e tried stress testing cpu/gpu and ram and dont get a lockup and restart, soon as i install say a game, or go play a game it locks up, so confused:confused:
Download and run memtest to check the memory.

Motherboard bios update to date ?

Could also pull the GPU and use igpu to test lock ups and stress test CPU

Last edited:
Associate
psu is Evga 750 g2, so iv e tried stress testing cpu/gpu and ram and dont get a lockup and restart, soon as i install say a game, or go play a game it locks up, so confused:confused:
With EVGA power supplies, it's a bit of a crapshoot as to how reliable they are due to them having loads of OEMs, of varying quality. Not sure on your G2, but if it's more than say 5 years old, it can't be ruled out entirely. That this happens when you try to game makes it look as if the power supply might be an issue. But with you saying this happens when you install a game as well, that makes me wonder about the disk or memory.

Presuming that if running multiple sticks of memory you've tried each stick individually? And if you have a spare disk knocking around, you could try removing every disk out of the PC, putting in the spare, installing Windows onto that and retrying. I think disk or memory, but it wouldn't hurt to jerryrig a known good working power supply from outside the case, connect that up and test.

Soldato
OP
currently full stress testing cpu and gpu but using igpu. both are fine, well as fine as the cpu can be as throttling due to the 240mm cant cool it:cry:. hmm i will try pulling a stick of ram and see. the psu ive had no issues with at all tbh its been fab, its a decent one the G2 hence why i bought. i only have 2 storage devices, both m.2. both under a yr old

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
could you list all your parts, please?
Asus b760
Gskill 3200 c14 ddr4. 32gb
Evga 750 G2 psu
Deepcool Le520 aio
WD black sn770
Wd blue 500gb (OS)
3070 Nvidia

So werid one, ive switched over to igpu and tried to boot up a game, tried starfield twice now with the 3070 and no lock up. :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Update. All seems ok ATM, plugged back into GPU and ran a game, temps fine. But aio fans still constantly running. Not sure if it's an aio fault. I've got a phantom spirit coming tomorrow to see if there's an issue with it. On a side note when I got the cooler then fans were set to suck warm air out rather than draw cool air in strangely

Soldato
On a side note when I got the cooler then fans were set to suck warm air out rather than draw cool air in strangely
eh? a fan simply blows air one way, so with an aio, it entirely depends on how you position it, I'd probably use an aio on the front as an inlet drawing cool air over it as this way is the most efficient at cooling a cpu, that said, my aio, did not fit the front of my case so I had to put it in the top rear as an outlet,it's not like my CPU needs much cooling so screw it, it's fine! anyway, a fan and it's orientation is not going to cause bsods

Soldato
OP
Front of case is my aio. But was blowing rather than drawing in fresh cool air. Oh not saying that's an issue as temps are fine when gaming. Well when it wasn't locking up. Just wondering if a faulty aio could cause issues electrically speaking that's setting off something else. Maybe clutching at straws but trying anything ATM. But 3 sessions on starfield yesterday and was ok and one thing noticed was fans on aio weren't ramping up as used too when installing or gaming, just a constant speed since direction switched . So maybe the aio was maybe part of an issue?

Soldato
What case have you got?

Can you put the radiator in the top with fans extracting air and have some intake fans on the front?

Am sure the fans on a AIO do not turn off, they just run at a low rpm at idle.

If you removed any parts while fault finding, maybe something needed reseating.

Soldato
OP
What case have you got?

Can you put the radiator in the top with fans extracting air and have some intake fans on the front?

Am sure the fans on a AIO do not turn off, they just run at a low rpm at idle.

If you removed any parts while fault finding, maybe something needed reseating.
Mesify c. Had issues for a while, took it apart yesterday dud the aio fans the right way but did same. Si gave up. Popped pc back on and had them few games and noticed fans weren't ramping up since turned to suck. But my other aio's I never heard the fans unless under load. These are constant and even tried changing profiles but makes no difference. Anyway I been gaming couple hrs this morning temps all fine. Just can't figure out why all of sudden it's fine but not complaining :cry:

Back
Top Bottom