• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***LOCKDOWN DEALS!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Do I need 32Gb RAM for gaming. I'm thinking not really

Like you say, not really. However, if you tinker with mods and the like, sometimes it can be surprising how much system memory is used (the other day I saw up to the high 20s when playing a remastered mod for Shadow of Chernobyl).

Soldato
Do I need 32Gb RAM for gaming. I'm thinking not really

Thing is, you're not gonna need 32 but you'll want more than 16 soon enough, so there's not much choice in how much to go up by. Still a year or two away though so might not be worth getting if you switch platforms then.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Where's the deals?
Apparently they are flying of the shelves! Quick buy something before the prices go up! :p

What would be an acceptable deal price for a 2070 super (ie. Gigabyte gaming/windforce oc), 450£?
£450 maximum. But really it should be no more than £400 as it is so close to the end of it's product life cycle with the 3000 series around the corner now.

Caporegime
The white strix-ti-oc is £1400, and the black one is £1290, and they seem to bounce about in price literally day by day. 3900x is another item thats been at 400, 420, 428, 440 and now virtually 460. How can items in a stock room bounce about in price so much?

Associate
£450 maximum. But really it should be no more than £400 as it is so close to the end of it's product life cycle with the 3000 series around the corner now.

Fair. Doubt it'll drop 150£ anytime soon, even 450 seems unrealistic atm. Bad times for two GPUs to die...

Associate
The white strix-ti-oc is £1400, and the black one is £1290, and they seem to bounce about in price literally day by day. 3900x is another item thats been at 400, 420, 428, 440 and now virtually 460. How can items in a stock room bounce about in price so much?
I've seen the 3900X below £400 elsewhere which is good value and makes a mockery of £1k for the 9900KS. I guess someone enjoys writing different promos aka 'deals' as these bits of electronics are selling faster than hot cakes. Roll up roll up, don't be disappointed! Buy now, buy two or three of everything before they sell out...…..the more you buy the more you save, or something.

Soldato
Don't mod games anymore (used to mod them to high heaven then not actually play them!). Never seen system memory get close to 16gb.

I paid over £200 for my 16Gb kit, with another lot of it going for £120 it crossed my mind. But it will literally do nothing.

Soldato
For a "deals" thread I didn't expect a 2080 super to begin with an "8".

This makes me very nervous about prices of the next wave of GPUs :(
I think this is the problem, its a bit like petrol, once it went over £1 per litre in UK, never went back down, I fear the same with these cards, once the prices are accepted as a certain line, will they come down dramatically? I doubt it which means the new ones will feed on that level, the next gen could be absolute mental prices... who knows

Soldato
I think this is the problem, its a bit like petrol, once it went over £1 per litre in UK, never went back down, I fear the same with these cards, once the prices are accepted as a certain line,
It really bugs me when i hear people say things like
"Fuel prices have gone right down and now only costs £1.26 at this garage " :(

Associate
Yeah still don't get why someone would pay £100s more purely for cosmetic reasons (white strix vs black strix)
I think in fairness they are one off runs and whilst not more expensive in terms of material it does have a cost to setup and of course the uniqueness has a value to cosmetic PC owners. Generally speaking I say Nvidia GPUs are 30-40% too expensive but hey that’s just my opinion shared by some and not by others.

Associate
They are gona be mega expensive as well :p

So PS5 is going to be the same price as a 9900KS + 2080Ti bundle - £2500? Then add psu/case/memory/controller/etc. :D

Let's all be honest here - and I'm saying this as a huge PC gaming fan - the current PC market will be a laughing stock once PS5/X-Series hit. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
So PS5 is going to be the same price as a 9900KS + 2080Ti bundle - £2500? Then add ram/case/memory/controller/etc. :D

Let's all be honest here - and I'm saying this as a huge PC gaming fan - the current PC market will be a laughing stock once PS5/X-Series hit. :p

I was thinking about this today, to buy a gaming pc with equivalent spec of a console is going to cost twice as much not Inc a monitor and if you want better spec then what, 3 times as much?

No one is going to do it, I want a new build but I need to see confirmed console prices and AMD 4000 and rdna2 Vs console specs and prices first because the way it's looking at the moment gaming spec pcs are going to be ludicrously over priced compared to consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom