Logitech G5

Soldato
Thinking of buying one these G5 laser jobbies, as it's on special offer - just one question really - do I need to install the Logitech software to use it and adjust the dpi? I'd rather not have another bit of software running.

Having owned a Razorback in the past, I hated having to use software to play with settings, and I didn't really need the change in dpi anyway - I'd rather it was on a lower dpi setting than 2000.

I have a MX510 at present which I love, but it's been somewhat 'overused' :D

Oh another question - are the feet 'stuck on' like pads? Or are they part of the mouse? My feet on my MX510 have worn off :(

I never use those thumb buttons anyway, so not a problem for me (unless it gets in the way and I accidentally click it)

MX518 looks nice but doesn't look to be a massive leap up from my present MX510 (other than it's not old and knackered)

yes and no to the changing the DPI with software.

Without software, you can still vary it between 400, 800 and 2000 dpi, but with the software allows greater fine tuning. I run mine at 1000, 1500 and 2000 as the settings. The software allows you to actually have 5 different settings for it, as well as assigning tasks to the different buttons on the mouse.

The feet seem to be relatively well integrated. I moved to the G5 from an MX510, and believe me, you will notice the difference.

Back
Top Bottom