Logitech G502 Lightspeed and charging mat

Man of Honour
I'm currently using a cheap mouse along with a metal mouse mat. Neither feel as smooth or as comfortable as they used to and previously I had always owned Logitech mice. Thinking of purchasing the Logitech G502 Lightspeed and Logitech charging mat. Thoughts? Alternatives?

Man of Honour
OP
I have a G903+PowerPlay Mat and the Wireless G613 gaming KB (not very good) preordered at prelaunch but I really do not like my mouse or the last 2 Logitech Gaming mice also may look elsewhere next time as it either the buggy software (had recent revamp but same crap) or hardware that make it iffy mouse pointer accuracy for me in Windows as I need to move it twice to get right on a spot most times.

Now I have the double click and missing clicks button issue so looks like RMA just before warranty runs out but I have had intermittent issue since day one on buttons.

A far cry from the amazing MX700 then even more amazing MX1000 mice.

This is what I have read and am worried about. I guess the G502 has the same problem? The mx1000 was amazing.

Man of Honour
OP
My G910 Orion Spectrum arrives today :) - early Christmas present to myself seeing as it is half price at the moment and my old G19 LCD has gone into crazy flicker mode.

Man of Honour
OP
Well my G910 arrived and it's glorious (my first mechanical keyboard). Feels great, looks great and the customization options are vast (I love being able to have sections of keys that are uniquely lit up). The phone app is decent, but not particularly fussed about that aspect. Just need to wait patiently for Santa now to deliver my G502 and charging mat...

Man of Honour
OP
I've been using the wireless G502 a while now, i find battery life is great on it, let us know if you think the charging mat is worth it please. I keep thinking of buying it, but the ease of plugging a wire in every 4-5 days makes me question wether to bother with the charging mat.

Unless the mat is discounted or a gift it is probably unnecessary given the cost. I do however love the feel of the cloth surface and the fact I never have to remember to charge the mouse. I quite like that the g logo syncs up with the rest of the colour scheme and acts as a receiver for the mouse.

Now I just need more games to play with the mouse.

Man of Honour
OP
Have been using this setup a lot with TW warhammer 2 (which incidentally controls the colour profiles). Brilliant combo not having to ever think about charging. The mouse is a dream to use, best I’ve owned.

Back
Top Bottom