Logitech G700 The Mouse To Get?

Associate
Hi

I'm still gaming on my Razer Copperhead mouse and to be fair I should have replaced it years ago. There seems hundreds to choose from and the Logitech G700 caught my eye (had 22 positive reviews). Anyone have any other suggestions. It will be used mostly for BF3/4 plus normal surfing and the odd game of WOW and Age of Empires 2 HD.

Permabanned
The constant recharging would annoy me (I've read you need to plug the cable in on a daily basis).

I don't believe the g700s does much to fix that issue either, you could go for the performance mx, I game with it and its better for gaming than my Rat 9.

There's some expensive options from Razer, a lot of people have issues with them though.

There's a interesting new option the logitech g602, its not rechargeable and uses aa batteries. You can use rechargeable batteries though.

Associate
Over the years I've used Logitech MX518, Razer Deathadder, Razer Naga but I absolutely love my latest, the Razer Abyssus.

Very cheap these days, and is fantastic to use if you use claw grip. If you use a palm grip you'll prefer the Deathadder.

Associate
Just to weigh in on my battery life experience with the G700 and the new G602.

My G700 wouldn't even go a day without a charge whilst I've had my G602 just over a week now and there's no sign of the batteries even getting low let alone running down completely yet.

Associate
Rate the G700. I change my batteries every few days, via a rechargable station right next to the machine. I also have a micro-usb cable attached to the side of the desk that I can plug it in if I'm playing important matches, or know I'll be on/off for quite a while.

The wireless performs incredibly well, the battery life isn't an issue, and the mouse itself is a fantastic shape.

Soldato
G700s - Best mouse I ever had.
I take it to work, start at 9am, go all the way through, take it home and then game until around 2am. Battery lasts a good 2 days before needing charging and even then I just plug it straight in and carry on.

Loads of buttons (could still do with 4 or 5 more), great performance, oodles of config options, macros and all the usual gubbins, fits my size 10 hands rather well.

Associate
Hmm based on the comments made after mine about the G700 I think that maybe I've got a duff one or a dodgy battery as I never got that sort of life out of mine.

I'll have to investigate what the problem is as although it's still a great mouse when used wired it would be even better if I can get it working wireless for more than a few hours.

Associate
700s is brilliant for me, battery seems to last quite a while, dependent on what you're doing.

Thumb buttons are perfect.

I used to have the 700 and there isn't much difference really.

Soldato
Thumb buttons are perfect.

I do find the lower rear one (button 4, I think it is) can feel a bit oddly angled, as in too high and tilted toward the one above... but I do have big hands.

Additional note on battery life - Apparently the 3 green LEDs reduce down to a blinking red one when the battery needs charging. I've not actually seen this happen so far!

Associate
Additional note on battery life - Apparently the 3 green LEDs reduce down to a blinking red one when the battery needs charging. I've not actually seen this happen so far!

Yeah apparently... I've just noticed it dying/noticed it dead. Never seen a blinking red light, perhaps I have it turned off in settings?

Associate
Logitech G700 IS the best mouse I have ever owned fits like a glove in the hand & I also play BF3 + BF4. 1st thing I done was to buy x4 rechargeable batteries so I could hot swop when needed. However I'm not going to lie I have suffered a death or too because the battery ran out mid game lol "So I treat this like a challenge - go prone in game & see how fast I can swop out the battery" Hoping for a job in the F1 pit crew if anyone :p The Drivers are very good too.

I can really recommend this mouse... but then again it's a very individual thing how a mouse can fit someone's hand.

I would say if your like me & play fps games with your hand resting on the mouse there is a good chance you will like the G700 - But if your like my mate who plays using a claw grip the G700 might not suit you. ;)

Back
Top Bottom