Logitech G920 Beginner Tips/Setup

Soldato
So recently got myself a G920, Got it all connected loaded up Forza Horizon 5 and immediately spun a Fiesta, Coming from a controller where I can perfectly drift 1000+BPH RWD/AWD cars to can't even control a stock FWD Fiesta ST on a 200 quid wheel is quite the ego buster.

So any tips for a wheel beginner, any settings I need to mess about with?

First thing I noticed is the force feedback just ripping the wheel out my hand to opposite lock while i'm trying a tackle a simple turn.

Soldato
So recently got myself a G920, Got it all connected loaded up Forza Horizon 5 and immediately spun a Fiesta, Coming from a controller where I can perfectly drift 1000+BPH RWD/AWD cars to can't even control a stock FWD Fiesta ST on a 200 quid wheel is quite the ego buster.

So any tips for a wheel beginner, any settings I need to mess about with?

First thing I noticed is the force feedback just ripping the wheel out my hand to opposite lock while i'm trying a tackle a simple turn.

I'm not sure FH5 is best suited to a wheel. The game is really meant to be played with a controller. Try something like pcars2, asseto corsa, f1 etc etc

Soldato
As said, FH5 has wheel support but this seems to cover the minimum wheels can be used rather than games more on the sim spectrum where a wheel is recommend and better supported. Other games that have great wheel support are Assetto Corsa Competizione, Dirt Rally 2, Raceroom, rFactor, LFS. Even GT Sport implements ffb well but not sure if they G920 is the xbox or PS version of the wheel.

It does depend on what games you have though out of the above, Raceroom has a trial where you can drive a few cars on a couple of tracks. I think it's only in time trial mode but a free way to have a better idea of what a good game feels like with a wheel.

As a general tip though, in the Logitech profiler there's numerous options and usually each game does too. A quick google of game name and g920, maybe even g29 as I don't believe the wheels are that different, should give you a good idea of some recommended settings.

Back
Top Bottom