Logitech MX518 Legendary

Soldato
I can't see why they'd only release it to limited markets ... If it's really new to market maybe that's why it's limited to buy so far?

There's precious little info on it when you Google it.. Apart from the logitech page.

There doesn't seem to be any proper independent reviews etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd imagine a site like this would stock them when they become available but if they don't know when they might get them there's not a lot of point trying to guess?

Associate
Just heard about this mouse. My two 518's died recently, although I'm pretty sure I just need to fix the cable which a friend said he would do. Currently stuck using a Corsair Harpoon which is way too small (my fault for not checking the measurements). They better release this over here!

Some mentioned that theirs did not have any feet on their 518. For many years I've been using mine without any feet due to me getting fed up with the dpi speed buttons on top, which I kept clicking in game! So I took the both of them apart and ripped out the buttons :rolleyes:

A couple of years back someone recommended the Razer Chroma to me, so I bought one... it lasted 6 months!

So back I went to my trusty 10 year (ish) old 518... it now felt incredibly heavy and scratchy compared to the smoothness of the Chroma.

But I found some replacement mouse feet for it which are superb!
Of course, shortly after replacing the feet on one of them... the cable gave out :(

Do a search for "Corepad CS28180 Skatez Replacement Mouse Feet for Logitech G400/MX518" if you would like some new feet for this awesome mouse ;)

Associate
Still using my G400. No other mouse for me released since is as comfortable, a fantastic mouse.

I would definitely pick up one of these when released.

Associate
Got mine last week - Friend brought it over from China for me feels exactly the same weight etc as the old one, the only change I can see is the cable coming out of the front has a little extra protection as this is a weak point on the mouse, my original one died at the beginning of Dec being bought when they were new so has lasted well.

Soldato
Still use mine daily at work, must have had it a good 10 years now? It's had stupid amounts of use. It could do with being stripped down and cleaning again (dirty mechanic hands does it no favours).

Quite cool to see it being made again though, I hope it's as good as the original.

Associate
OP
Cheers, I have seen them when searching for it but had no idea if they were genuine or not

I got mine from an official Logitech store from HK. Not sure if there are any fakes about at the moment but you can never know. I will no doubt get another once/if it's released over here.

Still use mine daily at work, must have had it a good 10 years now? It's had stupid amounts of use. It could do with being stripped down and cleaning again (dirty mechanic hands does it no favours).

Quite cool to see it being made again though, I hope it's as good as the original.

I think the old one is about 13/14 years old now! Couldn't find my old MX518 think it's in a box in my mum's loft somewhere.

Here is the new MX518 alongside the G400 and G500 though. Near identical to the old G400.

yOZEPSZ.jpg

My only gripe on the old one was the average scroll wheel that feels identical on the new one (suppose they really did clone everything and upgrade the sensor). Still, they did a very good job at bringing it in to the present and it's been great using it in CS:GO.

Back
Top Bottom