Logo designers?

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a proper registered business or some very trustworthy individual that does logos and other Photoshop work?

Since 2010 I have learnt a fair amount about html, css and now mysql and php, enough to make a decent wordpress site. My trouble is artwork, I can retarded at it and it means my site doesn't look as good as it could be.

So I think I need to hire a designer for some artwork! I need a logo, a couple of buttons and some product logos done.

Can anyone recommend good upstanding businesses?

Had one made the other week by logonerds.com, only cost £30 and turnaround was fast.
...because if there are two qualities forever associated with successful graphic design, it's cheapness and speed of completion :p

Oxy, forget about 99designs or other crowdsourcing design methods. They don't work for many reasons, all of which are only a google away. But essentially, graphic design isn't a commodity, it's a service that deals with bespoke solutions, and requires frequent inter-communication to get good results.

You'll be better served by finding a relatively local designer; go on a few small business forums [because they're most likely to have graphic designers who a) are in your presumably limited budget, and b) have some sense of professionalism]. Draw up a shortlist, and send them an email asking about their services. Discount those who reply with just a price list, or those promising the moon on a stick, and follow-up those that seem human with good communication skills. Because as I say, you'll be doing a lot of communication with your chosen designer during the actual creation process, and both of you will need to have a business relationship that's as relaxed and open as it is professional.

Last edited:
How much much is Gary frost?

Is 200 to 300 enough for a good one?

Its very unlikely that you will get a really good logo for £200-300. It depends on what you want to be honest. Thats a good designers day rate so don't expect to get a load of designs back and go through various iterations of it.

As a professional graphic designer, what you are paying for tends to be the level of service you receive. Basically, when someone comes to my company wanting a logo or design done, they are essentially becoming part of the team. Its not just up to us to bang out a logo and say "Hey look! We've done it!", its a much more gradual process of constant feedback to ensure the logo is just right for the client.

You don't always receive this level of service with the crowd source websites, I'd know, I've actually used one to see what the level of quality/service was like. In my opinion, its always best to actually see someone face to face when it comes to something so personal like a logo - as after all, its going to be around for a while!

Back
Top Bottom