lol at macsaber!

Soldato
i genuinely thought this app was a windup! something to make you swing your macbook around like a loon until someone goes like "aaahhhh can't believe you fell for that!"

http://isnoop.net/blog/2006/05/20/macsaber-turn-your-mac-into-a-jedi-weapon/

i wasn't even sure the macbooks had a motion sensor! (turns out they do indeed to prevent hard drive damage if the macbook is heavily shook etc...)

but to find out, i had to have a go and i gotta say its pretty funny, but incredibly geeky! - wont be doing it again any time soon tho i'm confident it aint at all good for my beloved macbook :(

gotta be done once tho :D

Soldato
I tried this when I first got my MacBook, was fun for the 1st minute then kinda went, meh~ (overprotective Apple instinct:p) The motion sensor is also great fun back on Tiger, when I downloaded the visualiser program that made my MacBook into a Smackbook, a light smack/tap and it switches between virtualised "spaces"

Maybe someone will (or have) come up with an update for it, for Leopard and the actual Spaces program.

Soldato
You know joking aside that "smackbook" idea is pretty good. Not sure how it would distinguish between accidental knocks but I wouldn't put it past Apple to work it out.

Soldato
Two initial problems; I don't think the name "SmackBook" would catch on unless you were targeting heroin addicts (lol) and I wouldn't be too happy about encouraging people to "hit" their £1200+ laptop. We only have to look to the Wii to see how thats going to turn out for some overzealous folk.

Soldato
I've got a split forming in the plastic over where the hard drive is on my MacBook which I've had to tape up. Little bit annoying but I don't mind too much because it gets used a lot and I've had it 14 months.

It should survive another 10 months which is when I'm thinking about replacing it with something different. Although it will probably end up being another MacBook.

Back
Top Bottom