Lone Echo 2 Launch Trailer

Soldato
Oculus released a new trailer for Lone Echo 2, as it's releasing next week (finally!)

This looks amazing! Hope it lives up to the original game and there are no launch issues.

Day 1 purchase for me, as I loved the original game.

Soldato
OP
The only single player VR games I've completed more than once are Lone Echo and HL Alyx.

Amazing that Lone Echo is 4 years old yet it feels more advanced and more a true VR game than 90% of the VR games released since.

Soldato
OP
I keep holding off since I know its going to blow me away and I don't want to be underwhelmed by the other VR games I still haven't installed yet. :D

Alyx is great, but ironically in some ways the VR interactions are worse that other games - you can't swap weapons from hand to hand, it's glued to your primary hand. There's no melee either. The gravity gloves are genius though, and It's great that a Skyrim VR mod now has similar functionality.

Skyrim VR with mods is the game I've played most in VR - hundreds of hours and I'm still going.

Soldato
OP
Normal release time is around 10am PT, so that's 6pm BST.

I know Oculus don't care about PC VR any more but you would think they'd be advertising this game. There's not even a store page up for it!

Soldato
OP
You can find the store page for Lone Echo 2 if you use google, but not if you use the search feature in the Oculus desktop client, or the Rift store on the Oculus website! :confused:

Soldato
OP
I loved the first game, and I knew the second would be more of the same. I don't mind a slow start as I love exploring the environments.

Having played it for a bit, it's definitely the best looking VR game I've seen in a long while - since Alyx, and it works great on my Index using Revive (I thought I'd charged my Quest 2 but it turned out I hadn't and the battery conked out).

Soldato
OP
Played quite a bit more last night, and it gets better and better the further you get in the game. I don't think we'll see another PC VR game as good looking as this for a long while.

Soldato
OP
The more I play this the better it gets. Once you get outside the station into space it's amazing. There was a similar moment in the original, but this is even better.

Soldato
OP
Finished this yesterday, and it seems like the last part of the game needed some more QA as I encountered a few bugs and objectives weren't highlighting.

But the ending was so emotional that my eyes started watering for some reason (must have got something in them :rolleyes::D).

The combination of writing, acting and animation really gets you to build a relationship with Liv, and that emotional connection is something I rarely encounter in games. Probably the only really other example is the Mass Effect trilogy. (Though the ME3 ending provoked a negative emotional reaction there!)

This game ranks as one of the best games I have ever played. In fact it doesn't feel like playing - it feels like you really are there and my memories aren't that of playing a game, but participating in an incredible adventure.

It's a shame that the release of this is limited to the Oculus platform. A wider Steam release would allow more people to play this without resorting to Revive to emulate the Oculus runtime.

That said, performance was pretty good on my Valve Index using Revive , but I do have a 3090FE.

Back
Top Bottom