long bleeps on a Mobo ( Gbyte 78LMT + Hexcore )

Soldato
Just a quickie...

BIOS simply does long bleeps one after the other.

I am assuming that this is CPU, but not entirely sure?

I do not have a lesser CPU to test it and I have no knowledge of what the BIOS is at?
The Website says CPU support from F3 but it says this for every CPU, so would I benefit from plopping in a lower CPU just to try flashing it? Not entirely sure its worth bothering with, btu then the CPU I have is a 1090T so its a fairly good little workhorse and so the setup is not a bad one even by todays standards.

Thoughts?

Associate
What does BIOS beep sound mean?

1.AWARD BIOS 1short beep :System normal 2 short beep :CMOS Error 1 long beep and 1 short beep:Memory error 1 long beep and 2 short beep:Graphic card error 1 long beep and 3 short beep :AGP error 1 long beep and 9 short beep :Memory Error Continuous long beep :Memory not correctly installed Continuous short beep :Power supply unit failed
2.AMI BIOS 1 short beep :Memory Error 2 short beep:Memory parity check error. 3 short beep :basic memory 64K address check error 4 short beep :Real Time Clock malfunction . 5 short beep :CPU error 6 short beep:Keyboard error 7 short beep :CPU interruption error 8 short beep:Graphic card error 9 short beep :Memory error 10 short beep :CMOS error 11 short beep :CPU cache memory malfunction

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 (rev. 5.0) BIOS Beep Codes
BIOS Beep sound Description
1 short beep System normal
2 short beep CMOS Error
1 long beep and 1 short beep Memory error
1 long beep and 2 short beep Graphic card error
1 long beep and 3 short beep AGP error
1 long beep and 9 short beep Memory Error
Continuous long beep Memory not correctly installed
Continuous short beep Power supply unit failed

Associate
Just a quickie...

BIOS simply does long bleeps one after the other.

I am assuming that this is CPU, but not entirely sure?

I do not have a lesser CPU to test it and I have no knowledge of what the BIOS is at?
The Website says CPU support from F3 but it says this for every CPU, so would I benefit from plopping in a lower CPU just to try flashing it? Not entirely sure its worth bothering with, btu then the CPU I have is a 1090T so its a fairly good little workhorse and so the setup is not a bad one even by todays standards.

Thoughts?

Have u installed RAM recently or taken it out and put it back in?

As stated in the post above Continuous long beeps means ram error

Soldato
OP
RAM errors are usually one long constant bleep but this is LONG bleep a short pause and then long bleep again.

That said, yes, I am in a very lucky situation where I have the most stupid number of RAM sticks of various ratings at my disposal, and I have of course gone through the usual rigmarole of testing various sticks in various slots, but there is ZERO difference. I have tried more than 10 sticks that work just fine and there is no change at all in this long bleep, and that is why I assumed the RAM was NOT the issue.

The board I have just bought off the MM and so it may be possible thatthe thing is duff ?

I have remembered that my daughter has an AMD, however, I have a sneaky feeling that I gave her an FM2 board?? - I think she has a quad core in it, but I am getting my son to bring that down for me to see.

If the Board is AM3 then I will try the CPU and the RAM in each board.

Thanks guys.

Soldato
OP
WotakokIam.
Took mobo out of mine, realised it wasnt seated properly, put it back in and ... power on.... BLIP! - tiny short one bleep and the display came up!
Ok was the RAM after all.

Im a profeshnul is me!

Thanks all... Must have just rushed it to try it, I dont know what, but it seems to be working just fine with 4x2GB.

But Im not that nice to him... Im putting Vista onto it... Hey its free and I got spare licences, so why not? - His current PC is a 512MB XP 32Bit

Back
Top Bottom