long boot up

Associate
Have a weird one, never had it before. For some reason recently my pc is taking a lot longer to boot up.

Its an Athlon X2 4400, 150gb raptor, x2 20" tfts, 1gb ddr400.

but for some reason, when i boot into windows the blue bar takes 10+ instead of the usual 2-3. any ideas why this happens?

Suspended
Make sure Event Log is set to automatic, I was disabling unneeded services usually event log isn't needed on my other machine, but when it's disabled on this desktop it takes about 30 seconds just before the username/password entry.

Associate
OP
where abouts can i find the event log?

as for having much on my machine, i've only got the basic applications, no games, just drivers and programs.

i cant see what the problem is as all the things ive got installed now were installed on previous hard drives and there wasnt a problem.

ive even done a hdd test using the western digital software and it says my drive is working fine.

the only thing i can say is that when the blue bar is going across on the winxp screen, theres a small click as its loading

Associate
had a problem the same as this a while back and was down to a failing dvd drive, try unpluging your optical drives and boot up to see if it makes any difference. I changed the drive and all was fine again.

Back
Top Bottom