Looking for a decent & modular option.

Associate
I've been looking around for a modular PSU that's decent and not expensive, my budget is around £50, can push it up to £60.

Currently using SilverStone SFX 450w (one that came with SG05) in my Raijintek Metis Plus case, but it's non modular so it's a bit of mess in cable management department, only 24 pin + 8 pin for motherboard and 6 pin for GPU are in use, so all these SATA/molex pins are wasted.

Any good modular PSU I can get? It doesn't have to be fully modular, I just want to have the option of having no SATA/molex cables attached. It doesn't have to be SFX.

Looked at Corsair CX450M, it ticks all the boxes (price, size, cable options, all black cables, modularity) but reviews of it worries me, is it really that bad or is it decent enough for what I have? (Ryzen 5 1600, RX 570 and M2 SSD, so it doesn't consume a lot of power).

Associate
OP
CX450M isn't too bad, sure it's not the best but it's not the worst either, ticks all the boxes (for me), I would have went for Corsair's SFX but everywhere I looked, it was sold out and I didn't want to wait.

As for something 750w+ budget and modular, EVGA PSUs mentioned in this thread aren't bad, Corsair's RM range doesn't seem too bad, don't think these are budget PSUs, though.

With PSUs, you usually have to pick 2 of 3 from the following - Budget, Modular and Quality.

Back
Top Bottom