Looking for a good prebuilt gaming PC between £1500-2000

Associate
Hello, I am looking for a gaming PC with an Intel processor (preferably 12th gen) and a good Nvidia graphics card between £1500-2000 if possible.

So far the best deal I have seen is the HP OMEN 40L Desktop GT21-0004na Gaming PC which has:
  • Windows 11 Home
  • Intel® Core™ i7 12700K (12th Generation)
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 2 TB SSD
  • NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 Ti (8 GB GDDR6X dedicated) ; 120mm Liquid cooling solution for Processor ; 2 x 120mm front fans with aRGB lighting (8 lighting zones)
With student discount I can get this PC for £1799.
Is the HP Omen a good gaming PC and is this a good price or does anyone know any better deals/ suggestions.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You’ll need to delete that link, Overclockers pay to host the forum and don’t allow competitor links. List the spec and we can advise if it’s good value.

Only 16GB of ram, only a 3070ti, I’d think you can do better building yourself. Or getting OCUK to build it.

OCUK built:
My basket at OcUK:
  • 1 x OcUK Gaming Sabre - Intel 12th Gen i5, RTX 3070Ti Gaming PC (SKU: FS-1FA-OG) = £1,892.88
    • Case: 1 x Lian Li Lancool II ARGB Midi-Tower Case - Black
    • Processor: 1 x *Build* Intel Core i5 12400F up to 4.4GHz Turbo - Six Core, Twelve Thread Processor
    • Graphics Card: 1 x *Build Stock* Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Gaming OC 8GB GDDR6X Graphics Card
    • Memory: 1 x Team Group Vulcan Z T-Force 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey
    • M.2 Solid State Drive (SSD) 1 - Primary: 1 x WD Black SN750 SE 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME PCI-E Gen4 Solid State Drive (WDS100T1B0E)
    • M.2 Solid State Drive (SSD) 2 - Secondary: 1 x WD Blue 1TB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280 Solid State Drive (WDS100T2B0B)

Total: £1,906.98 (includes delivery: £14.10)​

Associate
Yes you can change some things in a HP desktop but what MissChief is getting at is it may not comply with the ATX specification in every regard. What this means is if you wanted to change the motherboard in the future then a standard motherboard may not actually fit in the case, the psu may have non standard connections that are not compatable with other ATX motherboards. The PSU and BIOS may not allow changes and may have odd behaviour if you did change anything. Without actually playing around with the PC you are looking at we cannot know what is achievable with it in regards to upgrades.

What we can be absolutely certain about is the builld from OCUK uses industry standard parts than can be easily changed with other industry standard parts and that the BIOS is not locked to limit your options. It is repairable and the components in it can be used in other builds or upgraded as needed.

Yes the £1800 PC you can get does have better specs on paper but at times these types of companies really mess up and limit high end components by building a poor PC. If you want an example of this then you may want to check out Gamers Nexus purchase of a $5000 Alienware PC.

2 linked videos that savage the manufacturer just because of their terrible design choices. I dont know if HP did as bad a job with the Omen which is why you should check out a specific review for that prebuilt. From what I can see it uses a 120mm AIO for cpu cooling which is cutting it closer than I would like for a 12700K

Back
Top Bottom