Looking for a new mouse

Soldato
Got a wireless alienware mouse at the moment but it runs out of battery every 2-3 days.

Games I normally play are like XIV Mmos or The finals for fast shooters so looking for something light, Don't mind wired or less but it has to be on the cheap. Nothing to fancy

You can find the Logitech G402 for under £20 open box at the moment, I prefer it in the hand to the G502 but both are great choices.

For MMO's the G502 has 12 programmable buttons vs 8 on the G402 if that's important to you.

Tbh if you have a certain Indian tech outlet nearby they usually have display models you can play with.

There are lesser known brands such as Endofry that are worth a look, they're well priced and feature top tier sensors (pixart) as well as mechanical switches.

Last edited:
The G502 is heavy for a fps mouse imo.
I replaced mine for g402, now using a cm mm731…

very good for the price, prefer it over the original lg pro wireless

Last edited:
I'd take a look at the Corsair Scimitar Elite as well, it's got a cluster of 12 button cluster on the side (which you can adjust the position on), which seems pretty optimal for MMOs ( I had a Razer Naga years ago and was good for games needing lots of buttons).
It has 17 programmable buttons vs 11 on the 502

G502 is a great mouse I don't like heavy ones, I liked it so much I upgraded to the x plus wireless one, battery life is over a week as long as the rgb is off, I play about 6 hours a day on fallout 76.

G502 is a great mouse I don't like heavy ones, I liked it so much I upgraded to the x plus wireless one, battery life is over a week as long as the rgb is off, I play about 6 hours a day on fallout 76.
The G502 lightspeed (which is what I have) feels light to me, but in the grand scheme of things isn't that light (114g vs 50-60 for really light mice).
But I think you could barely notice the difference if you optimise with a good match of mousemat and possibly aftermarket teflon (or whatever material) pads

For fast shooters I'd suggest something under 75g. I'm not really into the ultralight mice coming in at 50g, but anything over 75g just feels a bit cumbersome and gets tiring after a while, especially in fast paced shooters.

Back
Top Bottom