• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Looking for a Ryzen 5000 Guru!

Associate
I'm looking for someone who can fully explain to me my 5950x and voltage
I have moved from intel so these voltages freak me out.
If i leave it as default OR pbo in ryzen master only turning on xmp, i can look at the voltage most times on the vcore sv12 and it will say around 1.48v
I can play cyberpunk and it will say more or less the same upto 1.45v very rarely for a second going below 1.4v
So because i'm freaked out i have manually clocked all core to 4.4ghz @1.35v
I have the Aorus Master mobo if it helps
Thx

Associate
OP
Right ok, that makes me feel a little better, now if I do this PBO precision boost overdrive 2 thing, which guided me with +200mhz pbo scaler x10, and i believe i tried minus 12 curve optimizer, I basically have nothing to worry about as it has safeguards for voltage? I just need to keep and eye on temps right? Because i have only thus far with all that only gone just over 70c a few times. Thanks for all your help on this. Intel was always clearer cut as far as volts concerned

Associate
OP
All core 4.4 Ghz should be set lower than 1.2V. The 5950X should happily run at 4.6 All core at 1.2V You will typically need more than 1.3V for 4.8+ and a cooling system that can handle it. For PBO, leave the VCORE at auto unless its unstable then do stages of an offset of + 0.0125 increments until stable.
Thx for the advice, I'll take a look. It was more voltage fear, I need to unlearn all i have learned

Back
Top Bottom