Looking for advice for my son £600 budget gaming pc

Associate
Hi, completely new to all this. My son is looking for a gaming pc either to build up or complete and has managed to save around a £600 budget.
He plays a lot of rocket league and call of duty, is he likely to get anything that will run these any better than the new Xbox series X for that budget or is he better of sticking to the consoles? Wouldn't want him wasting money on something that won't perform how he needs it too.
He already has a gaming monitor and keyboard mouse etc and I'm fairly handy so could put one together for him if needed.
Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Anthony

Associate
OP
Thanks for the quick replies.
Did hear a little about the current crazy prices from a customer of mine the other day.
I did think from a little dig around that he would be better upgrading the Xbox for the budget he has.
Looks like he would need to double his budget for something suitable.
The only other option he would have is the second hand market but I really wouldnt know what to look for and I'm not sure it would be advisable with the rate that electronics go out of date.

Associate
OP
I've had a chat with him and he's still fairly set on a pc rather than the new X box.
Are there options out there that will get him going and run games like call of duty well enough for now and allow him to upgrade the graphics card at a later date.
He's currently using the older Xbox one s so would be happy with an upgrade over the capabilities of that.
I've seen a few second hand gaming set ups local but have no idea what sort of specs I should be looking for.

Associate
OP
Thank you for for all of your helpful replies.
He's managed to find a refurbished pc within his budget that will hopefully give him a start. He will look at upgrading the graphics card as and when everything returns to some sort of normality.
It's an Intel i7 with 16gb ram and an Nvidia gtx1650 has a 1tb HDD and a 240gb SSD and already has windows 10 preinstalled.

I'm sure I will be back on for advice on upgrades later in the year.
Regards Anthony

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom